Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What comes next after the Foundation series ?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

Just being curious and maybe it is too soon to ask because it will take years to master the Foundation series.

But is there going to be something that follows after Foundation series ( Iron Cross, Maltese etc. ) ?

Thanks !

Piotr Ochocki

After Fundation you are no longer complete beginner ;). Not an advanced level though :).

Ryan Hutchins

It won't necessarily take you Years to master the foundation series. You'd be surprised how much stronger you will get. The Foundation series is written to address the needs of adults who've had No training whatsoever as well as the rest of us Gymnastic Bodies "champions" who have just jumped in in the middle and started training hard. If you are moderately fit and athletic then you should progress fairly quickly. I already have a FL, BL, Rope climb, 2 sec side lever, etc. I'm still going thru the Foundation series just because i skipped a lot of the preparatory movement and prehab that would've made acquiring those elements much much easier.

You can still train those strength moves now if you have a decent foundation of strength. There are no shortage of people on this forum who will watch your videos and give you feedback as well as advice. Even Coach himself! I asked about training the cross and got a stern shutdown about how my joints weren't ready and the requirements i should have before training it. I listened and started shoring up my weaknesses.

Whats next? Good question. Where do you want to go is a better one.

• Upvote 1

Scott Malin

This begs an answer. After a solid foundation is built, one must continue to more advanced moves. Here are some pictures of progressions from our up-coming series to be released this summer.

The Framing Series

Level 1: Removing the Form Boards

Level 2: Hammer Training

Level 3: Measuring Squares for Advanced GST

Level 4: 1-Arm Sanders

homebuildingguide-03.jpghomebuildingguide-04.jpghomebuildingguide-05.jpg

• Upvote 7

Joshua Slocum

This begs an answer. After a solid foundation is built, one must continue to more advanced moves. Here are some pictures of progressions from our up-coming series to be released this summer.

The Framing Series

I was expecting some sort of joke. I was not disappointed  :)

Joshua Slocum

It won't necessarily take you Years to master the foundation series. 

Unless you're already fantastically strong, yes it will. Keep in mind there are 3 more to get through after Foundation 1...

• Upvote 1

Biren Patel

The Framing Series

You tease! My hopes, my dreams - shattered!

Unless you're already fantastically strong, yes it will. Keep in mind there are 3 more to get through after Foundation 1...

This couldn't be more true IMO. And I'd go as far to say that speeding through the courses with the bare minimum mastery is not only going top hurt your progress later on but also seems like a waste of money.

But some of that could just be me validating my starting from the absolute ground up and jealousy of those getting ready for F2-4 :P

Guest SuperBru

The Framing Series

That my friend is hilarious!

Jon Douglas

Then, after you finally have reached the very top level, things get harder, almost impossible. Progressing begins to be frustratingly slow and hard.

Master Level: Winnie The Pooh, Japanese baseball game for children http://disney.kids.yahoo.co.jp/game/pooh.html

My kids (students) sent me that seven-times-cursed game. God damn I want it to burn away and die.

• Upvote 1

Joel Tomkins

Then, after you finally have reached the very top level, things get harder, almost impossible. Progressing begins to be frustratingly slow and hard.

Master Level: Winnie The Pooh, Japanese baseball game for children http://disney.kids.yahoo.co.jp/game/pooh.html

What the! Is it even possible to hit the ball?

It wasn't really hard at all. I hit 2 home runs and hit the ball multiple times within a couple minutes of playing the game.

Ryan Hutchins

I am fantastically strong!!!

I wouldn't say Fantastically perse. I build muscle fairly quick. Every day i do Foundation 1 i'm knocking off items left and right. i should be done with the whole thing in three months tops. The moves aren't too difficult and i've already been training statics. Mainly i want to shore up my weaknesses with mobility. At the end of the day tho if you work hard and it takes you Years to get thru the Foundation series then that was exactly what you needed. If you are a GB rat like myself and have been training and doing similar exercises then it shouldn't be so tough going.

The mobility movements are the hardest part to me right now! Those are a workout in themselves!!

Easy you say? So you have finished all 8 levels including final boss? If so, congrats.

Woops!  :blush: I misread your first post and thought you meant hitting the ball at the beginning. Sorry! I don't know how difficult the later levels are in the game as I stopped playing after a couple minutes. No wonder something didn't feel right.

Keenan Smith

That game is amazing. I have absolutely no idea what it says but..it makes me feel good inside when pooh hits those balls..