Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had a cool weight room session today!

Richard Duelley

Richard Duelley

I had an interesting weight room session today. After about 6 weeks of prep work I finally got my full ROM single leg squats! I did 3 sets of 3 on each leg and after I was done a bunch of Corps of Cadets (I am at Virginia Tech) asked me how long it took me to do it. They all also commented on how awesome they were! I was all smiles and could barley respond (I am still getting used to being "strong" so this was actually my first compliment from an outsider) and kind of surprised because I have been working on getting them for several months and to me the SLS was just another exercise and I didnt really think about what it looked like from the outside. They were also a bunch of really strong guys, I mean they were dead lifting twice my weight but couldnt do a single SLS! I did take a few minutes to show them a few of the progressions that I used though. and they all (8 or so) started talking about it and several even tried a few while holding on the the squat tower. Anyways,I actually think that I look rather silly when I go into the weight room and the heaviest weight I use is two 20lb dumbbells, and do a bunch of body weight exercises.

Also, after working lightly for a month to let my shoulder heal I was REALLY surprised about the amount of pop I still had in my pull ups, even my towel pull ups were better than when I last did them a month ago, my grip did hurt more than usual though (I am pecking on the keyboard right now :D ). I also got a "wow" from another guy working on a machine near me when I did my sets of towel pull ups, he said something along the lines of how much that must hurt my hands :D .

So in other words I had my first admirers if you could call it that.

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here and Coach Sommer for all the support and suggestions!

George Launchbury

Great work, and thanks for sharing. It's always nice to hear about continued success! :)

George.