Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back lever pull ups and gymnastic strength

Mr E

Just stumbled across this on youtube for those that haven't seen it:

I was actually thinking of asking if those pull ups were possible, but now I don't have to. This guy must have really strong grip.

They aren't really back lever pullups, and they don't take a lot of grip strength. I feel them mostly in my forearms and shoulders. The forearms is a good, burning, lactic acid feeling, but it feels as though it hurts my shoulders, so I don't do them.

They look like they would need good grip to do.

Edit. Oh wait I was talking about the thing he was doing on the vertical part of the P-bars.

Notice how whenever he does something like a L-sit or front lever he swings his legs?

I wonder if he's trying make it look like it's not a gymnastics move?

He's very strong, need to get him into gymnastics.

He is not "swinging" his legs per se, but is scissoring during the front lever to make it more demanding ab-wise.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

shiftedShapes

This is Hannibal of the Barmasters Xtreme crew. Search for him by name on youtube to see more of his strength. Has some very good slow wide muscle-ups in other videos

He is not "swinging" his legs per se, but is scissoring during the front lever to make it more demanding ab-wise.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Yeah, anytime you see one of the "Bar Commission" making a "kicking" or walking motion with their legs while doing a move, it is to involve the abs and hips and make the exercise more efficient by working more muscle groups.