Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One arm Handstand Push Ups Video

roman

I always wondered how one arm handstand push ups would look like... until I saw this video! :)

Check this guy out, very cool stuff:

1UqK5CxaSs4

That is not one arm handstand :D It's wide arms handstand (litlle to high for japannese) with one arm push up.

That is not one arm handstand :D It's wide arms handstand (litlle to high for japannese) with one arm push up.

Well, since he's just using his other arm for balance during the pushing part, I think it counts!

George Launchbury

Not really ...In the same way that your feet support a good percentage of your weight in a pushup.

It's sorta like the difference between these two pushups.

OAPUbottom.jpg

and

emphasizedOAPU.jpg

(pictures are from beastskills.com)

Your extended arm still carries some weight and makes it easier.

Still, it's much CLOSER in difficulty to a one arm handstand push up, than to a normal handstand push up... it's a much more under leveraged position than the example you gave with the normal push ups. I think that's pretty obvious... why are we arguing over this? :?

George Launchbury
why are we arguing over this? :?

No-one's arguing over this ...you said it was a One Arm HSPU - and it's not :)

why are we arguing over this? :?

No-one's arguing over this ...you said it was a One Arm HSPU - and it's not :)

:roll:

I've tried this "wide-bent one arm" push ups and I was very disapointed :? it's even easier then normal handstand push ups :roll:

I've tried this "wide-bent one arm" push ups and I was very disapointed :? it's even easier then normal handstand push ups :roll:

Really?! That seems kinda strange... The guy in the video does about 20 freestanding Handstand Push Ups quite easily later on in the video, and yet he can only do 5-6 handstand push-ups with the one arm, which would suggest they are much more difficult (obviously, they look much more difficult too)... are you sure you were doing them right?

are you sure you were doing them right?

ammmm yesssss :mrgreen: handstand pushups with full ROM is quite diffrent from handstand pushups with half ROM and legs on the wall. Real handstand push ups are when you touch with your biceps your forearms and with no wall :wink:

ammmm yesssss :mrgreen: handstand pushups with full ROM is quite diffrent from handstand pushups with half ROM and legs on the wall. Real handstand push ups are when you touch with your biceps your forearms and with no wall :wink:

Yeah, you'd have to do them on parallettes, or p-bars in order to do that... anyway, I think we can put this whole thing to be, as this is getting quite ridiculous lol

Yeah, you'd have to do them on parallettes, or p-bars in order to do that... anyway, I think we can put this whole thing to be, as this is getting quite ridiculous lol

You can try both anddiced for yourself :wink:

Yes they must be done on a p. bars, bar, parallets or rings...On flor you can't make a full ROM handstand push up.

• 2 years later...

Hey, I'm the guy from the video! That absolutely doesn't count as a OAHSPU! I only did that exercise for 3-4 training sessions, and didn't find it good enough, or effective enough to keep going with it. I just went back for weighted HSPU (full range), and one arm HSPU negatives.

Right now, I'm coming back from a pretty long shoulder injury (took one year off upper body training!), started training again in August. Have to do lots of HSPU again, and have to get my OAPU back, too. I got it meanwhile, but that injury set me off for a long time! Before getting injured, I was also starting to practice my 90 degree push-ups, and was able to do a straight body/straight arms planche press to handstand on hand balancing canes. Gotta work hard again, and be more careful this time!

And it's nice to see my video here, lol. But please, don't think that bad exercise was anywhere close to a OAHSPU!