Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rope act I'm working on

yuri marmerstein

yuri marmerstein

I am still cleaning it up and tweaking things but I figured I would share this work in progress with the community

• Upvote 24

Joshua Naterman

So, I lost count of how many times I would have died attempting this around... maybe 7.

Very, very cool!

• Upvote 2

Karri Kytömaa

That was amazing. You really shocked me with the drop at 1:40. 

Some artistic fine tuning and you go places.  :)

Josh Schmitter

Thanks for the share. Seeing a work in progress always gives much more appreciation, in my expeirence anyway. Keep us posted.

Also I'm with Slizz, my work in progress would have involved my neck and the fake grass next to the matress.

Jake Lawrance

Haha the kids kept quiet throughout the whole thing and just at the end they let themselves go :P

David McManamon

You never know the day when the product of your labor will reach your vision but you have already arrived at an inspiring point where reviewing your training makes us want to go out and train.

yuri marmerstein

thanks guys! 

It's funny today after dance class I stayed after in the studio and got to play around on the rope with a friend whose specialty is rope. 

It was very inspiring to me and I learned so much.  Almost makes me want to change a lot of this, but oh well.  It was one of those sessions where I felt super strong and a bunch of different things clicked

yuri marmerstein

I started in october, took some time off for a couple months while the weather was unfavorable, started up again maybe february

so something like 4 months total maybe

FREDERIC DUPONT

"Daddy, can I see the video" :)

Very nice Yuri, thank you for sharing this with us.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing. It's very cool that you do so much different stuff at an impressive level - handbalancing, rope, tumbling, ... :)

Really awesome to have one of our own doing very cool things like this.  My favorite parts were:

at 1:20 as you "walked" up the rope holding with your toes making it look like your were stepping up the rope and standing on it.  

2:25 the drop from the top hold rope through your crotch.  I think that kind of drop is a lot more dramatic as it isn't as expected. 

• 4 weeks later...
Joshua Naterman

Wow! That was awesome! Way more polished than the initial video, very nice! Those were some big drops... serious grip strength.

Just be careful with my bones when we shake hands in May, ok?

Josh Schmitter

Holy crap. Yuri and pirates have only been together in my dreams. Today, the world burns anew.

• Upvote 1