Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Encho Keryazov

Guest SuperBru

Tyler Gibson

Encho was the first professional handbalancer I ever saw. I was and continue to be blown away by his incredible strength, balance, and physique. 

Klaudius Petrulis

That dude is jacked.  Not to mention he does stuff little chinese girls do with way more bodymass.  Respect.

Guest SuperBru

That dude is jacked.  Not to mention he does stuff little chinese girls do with way more bodymass.  Respect.

I haven't seen many Chinese girls perform such strength feats. Am I wrong?

yuri marmerstein

you are wrong, chinese girls still own him. 

however, it does look way more impressive when the tricks are performed by a grown man

Encho is more along the realm of classical hand balancing, artistically his act is pretty boring.  Likewise though, he was one of the first hand balancers I saw to inspire me. 

I am not as impressed now as I was then, but the stuff he does on the long canes is great, shows amazing confidence in his own abilities. 

Encho is amazing, but check out Ricardo Sosa if you want to see a grown man actually doing "little Chinese girl" stuff.

• Upvote 2

Geoffrey Wielingen

Encho is amazing, but check out Ricardo Sosa if you want to see a grown man actually doing "little Chinese girl" stuff.

Why is he making it seem like it is sooo easy? =/

Guest SuperBru

His got great balance and flexability however not as much mass as Encho. The more mass you have the harder it is. 

His got great balance and flexability however not as much mass as Encho. The more mass you have the harder it is. 

Encho isn't the size he is because he wanted to make what he did harder... I would guess that if Encho lost about 10kg of his upper body muscle mass he wouldn't be doing what what you just saw. His mass is not dead weight, it is enabling him.

yuri marmerstein

Encho isn't the size he is because he wanted to make what he did harder... I would guess that if Encho lost about 10kg of his upper body muscle mass he wouldn't be doing what what you just saw. His mass is not dead weight, it is enabling him.

What makes you so sure of that?  How do you know he didn't purposely bulk up to look more impressive on stage?

To be honest I don't know. You're a pretty muscular guy yourself, is it all for the glamour? :P

yuri marmerstein

To be honest I don't know. You're a pretty muscular guy yourself, is it all for the glamour? :P

haha, it's all fluff.  I've never really trained for hypertrophy

What I was told my some Bulgarian hand balancers is that Encho started out as a flyer in sports acro.  When he competed, he was very skinny. 

Then when he went into circus to do solo hand balancing he hit the weights pretty hard and got a lot bigger.  It is important for his image to keep this up.  Most hand balancers do not look like Encho so it is a fair guess he does a lot of strength work outside of his handstand training. 

• Upvote 2

Tyler Gibson

That unimpressed guy is the prince of Monaco. He must be a fan of the circus or of handbalancing because I've also seen shots of him in the audience of a Willy Weldens performance.

Mikael Kristiansen

He hit the weights to look bad ass for the Monte Carlo festival. In some of his other performances on youtube he doesnt even look like the same man. His mass isnt really enabling him either. Many of the ukrainian balancers are way better than him and could probably pull off his routine with little effort. He is by no means bad, and he is very strong, but he lacks flexibility and his technique and form isnt the best i have seen. People do become very impressed by the act because of his physique and the build up. For an absurdly difficult stuff, search for "artur handbalancing" on youtube.

Bear in mind that this is an ultra traditional circus act. Everything is set up to make it look amazing and difficult though he does not do the absolute hardest stuff. His "failing" the press handstand and bending his arms on the blocks is all just dramaturgy. All the epicness also gives him a lot of rest compared to acts where they have next to no time off their arms like the rotating handstand act by Artur or Pavel Stankevich. I can attest to that being on a high cane like that at the end of the act is no joke though. I have been performing more or less the same thing he does as his finale for some months at the end of my act in a show. I straddle jump a 2 on 1 handstand from a persons shoulders onto a single 2 meter cane, 1 arm, and press down to 1arm straddle L into crockodile and its pretty difficult to handle the fear together with the pressure of being on stage and being tired from the routine.

The reason the prince of monaco is there is that he always attends the circus festival there from what i have heard. Wily Weldens also did monte carlo some years ago

• Upvote 2