Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 1st GB Seminar is Now Available

Coach Sommer

is there any kind of prerequisite you recommend to have before signing up for this? as far as strength wise or gymnastics skill level?

Andrew Swartz

Good question. As a beginner I would be afraid of being in over my head. A list of prerequisites would help me understand what audience this cert is developed for (and if I'll be able to get much from it).

A

This level of Gymnastics Body Seminar is expressly designed as an introduction to Gymnastic Strength Training™ and is perfect for beginners, and will be a mandatory pre-requisite for possible future more advanced GB Seminars. Even intermediate to advanced level athletes will also learn a great deal at this Seminar as there are quite often holes in their understanding of correct physical preparation; unless they have already been prepared and trained by a National Team level coach.

A great deal of effort has gone into designing a weekend that thoroughly covers all of the subject matters listed in the Seminar overview. In addition to further exploring and refining the material already presented in Building the Gymnastic Body, the other components of the Gymnastic Bodies system (joint preparation, handstand work, dynamic strength and advanced ring strength concepts) will also be introduced with presentations, demonstrations, progressions and an opportunity for hands on work provided.

It is important to understand that the more thorough an understanding which someone possesses concerning the components, correct positions, alignments and progressions; the more rapid their gymnastics strength improvements will be.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hey Coach,

Question about the lodging and food ... you recommended "The Lodge", yet I have been trying to get in touch with them for most of the afternoon with no luck - they apparently don't own a voice mail system/machine :) ... is there some secret number aside from what is listed on their website that we should be calling?

Also, is there food available on the grounds somewhere or would we have to go back into town for it? Trying to decide whether to go with one of the more regular hotels at a cost of 20 minutes or so drive time each way ... but if we would have to drive out for food anyways that would seal it for me.

- Chris

This is currently the off season for the Lodge, so there is limited access to the front desk just now. The best way to reach is them is by email at sharon@woodwardwest.com. Let them know that you will be arriving for the GB seminar, the number in your party, your dates of stay and a contact phone number for them to reach you.

Breakfast will be provided on Sunday and lunch will be provided on both Saturday and Sunday.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

i was wondering/ money is kinda tight for me right now, and so i was wondering how long this $500 price is going to last, hopefully long enough until i get some money saved up?

Great question! At this time, I am not sure how long I will allow the Early Bird Registration Sale to continue.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 4 weeks later...

Coach Sommer,

You've previously mentioned that Ido was planning to attend. Can you provide an update on whether the GB seminar will include an equilibrist session?

I'm also hoping there might be a flexibility component, as well...

regards,

jason

As stated in the Seminar description:

the subjects covered will include joint pre-habilitation, active flexibility, fundamental static positions, fundamental bodyweight exercises, handstand work, press handstand work, dynamic strength and ring strength development.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer