red1392 said:Sir, (with all due respect) keep in mind that you are asking about a Gymnastic Bodies product on the Gymnastic Bodies forum, run by none other than the author of the product itself. No one is going to speak ill of it here, and talk up a competing product released by a Gymnastic Bodies "deserter" of sorts.
From what I've heard of F1 (and HS1) from people I know that have it though (still saving up for it), it is a very high quality product - HD videos, takes you by the hand, every step of the way to an impressive level of strength. If you want to dive straight into training, not have to think about how to train or what to train - F1 is the way to go.
I own Overcoming Gravity and while I've learnt a lot from it, I will say I haven't quite always been able to apply it as well as I'd like in theory. Maybe I'm doing things wrong. I'll have to go back and check and reassess my program. You may well find yourself in the same position. If you're okay with that - there's nothing wrong with Overcoming Gravity. Steven Low is also very available on a number of forums to ask questions to directly if you have issues. But that's the main difference between the two - with OG, you may not get it right the first or second time around and find yourself... stuck every now and then and not quite understand why.
OG attempts to teach you how to design a strength program, using bodyweight/gymnastics exercises. F1 gives you a high standard Gymnastic Strength Training™ program to follow to the tee. So pick whichever one you feel suits your needs best.
If you want more reviews of both programs, perhaps try asking around other forums as well for the most honest feedback.
So by your own admission OG is a program that will leave you wondering why you aren't progressing?
Like I said. I've read both. I also keep up with Steven low on his other forums including crossfit and reddit. I read a lot about this stuff daily to try and be kept on the loop. This is the best bodyweight strength community period and one of if not the best total fitness resources on the Internet. And a lot of this stems from coach's products. I am not paid by him though I have met him and would not support a product I feel is inferior. I go with the best available to me. This is the best available. OG is an ok read and josh summed it up nicely. He actually is borrowing my copy. There is very little in OG in couldn't summize from resources available for free on the Internet and a some of his stuff is unproven on a population.
On the other hand coach's stuff is incredible and leaps and bounds beyond anything else I've seen published to date and I've seen and heard quite a bit including stregth progressions used by NCAA athletes and previous Olympians.