Little introduction, Im a Junior in high school, 5'6ish, 130 pounds, and 5% bodyfat. Yes, 130 pounds is light, but as a freshman I was 95 pounds, was asked if I was annorexic by my doctor, and so started lifting weights to get to this point.
Im fairly well-versed in bodybuilding style weight lifting, as well as a little strength training. I'm interested in gymnastics, because the other day some of my friends were joking around trying muscle-ups, and I surprisingly was able to do 4 consecutive kipping MUs my first time. I was impressed with myself, even though it may seem trivial to you.
My primary goal through gymnastics would be aesthetics, although strength and simply being able to perform the movements are close seconds.
My only concert is monetary, Foundation One is 75 dollars, which I would have to really work to scrounge up, if I so decided. Not to mention, rings would be an additional 60 (I already have a doorway pullup bar). One of my friends has a copy of "Overcoming Gravity"', which I don't know if you are familiar with. It is a 500 page book, similar to Foundation One.
If you are familiar with this book, how does Foundation One compare? Is it really worth the seventy five dollars? Also, would the money-back guarantee extend to if I tried gymnastics for a while, but simply decided it is not for me? Otherwise, I am considering using the Killroy70 workout, with help from the Overcoming Gravity book to just test-run if gymnastics at all works for me adn my schedule.
Thanks very much guys, help is appreciated.
p.s. I am a Varsity Soccer player in the fall, and currently am running Varsity Track (100 and 4x100) 5 days a week, if that affects anything.