This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

King of the Forum

Started by Cory Fair, March 21, 2013 · 85 Replies · 316 Views

Cole Dano

Maybe start the second column with Duke

 

More padding between columns

Cory Fair
Cole Dano said:

Maybe start the second column with Duke

 

More padding between columns

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/page/leaderboard

 

Should I keep Viscount and below centered or asymmetrical to the right?

Cole Dano

actually looking at it I think you could just do a third column

Cory Fair

Compare:

 

post-3819-0-61073500-1368119379_thumb.pn

 

 

post-3819-0-05922900-1368119389_thumb.pn

Coach Sommer

- Still too large and perhaps too distracting for someone just arriving on the main forum page for the first time.

 

- Perhaps even further reduced and moved to the right hand column under inbetween recent topics and status updates?

 

- Is the popout option a possiblity?

Cory Fair
Coach Sommer said:

- Still too large and perhaps too distracting for someone just arriving on the main forum page for the first time.

 

- Perhaps even further reduced and moved to the right hand column under inbetween recent topics and status updates?

 

 

Doable. the only problem is we end up with far more content on the right hand column than we have forum listings.

 

 

- Is the popout option a possiblity?

Are they clicking a link or simply an image that expands into the table?

Coach Sommer

I was thinking of an image that expands.

Cole Dano

Do you think folks will know to click it?

 

I think Cory can reduce the height of the widget quite a bit

 

Crown / King text / Queen.. / Duke... / Viscount.. ?

 

 

It's a short run event and I'd think we want to keep it in people's faces to keep generating excitement 

Cory Fair
Coach Sommer said:

I was thinking of an image that expands.

Something like this that expands into a lightbox to show the full board?

 

post-3819-0-96267900-1368120534_thumb.pn

Cory Fair
Cole Dano said:

 

It's a short run event and I'd think we want to keep it in people's faces to keep generating excitement 

 

The goal is to make it feel like it's continually going on: with challenges being randomly spaced the idea is to keep them on their toes.

Cole Dano

OK, then the pop out makes more sense.

Coach Sommer

- Yes, I agree - for the one's who are already participating on the forum.

 

- However we also have a great many new visitors and I would not want the "king of the forum" to distract them from properly focusing on the available courses, seminars and forum content.

Cole Dano

Yes, I was misunderstanding this as short duration happening. The pop out on the side makes much more sense as a long term item.

Cory Fair

To recap, the King of the Forum Image (pop-up to full when clicked) will go between "Recent Topics" and "Status Updates" and be sized to the same width and a height that makes the sidebar end evenly with the bottom of the forum list?

Coach Sommer

That's what I was considering.  What are your opinions?

Cory Fair
Coach Sommer said:

That's what I was considering.  What are your opinions?

 

Works for me. 

Cole Dano

Sounds good and I like Cory's proposed graphic

 

Would it be better if the header read - King of the Forum Contest / Competition 

Nic Branson

That sounds much better.

Cory Fair

I'll make the change. Any other details we need prior to an official announcement?

Nic Branson

Mock up forum for the points and all is looking good.

Coach Sommer

Can we see a mock up of the proposed layout?

Cory Fair

Sure. Would we be better switching to the grey titlebar?

 

post-3819-0-91389100-1368564582_thumb.pn

Coach Sommer

- I think so and let's shrink it down so that the margin edges line up.

 

- Also seems as though the wording still needs refining.

Cory Fair

Mockup:

post-3819-0-64921700-1368566723_thumb.pn

 

Full leader board with new style:

post-3819-0-17573400-1368566736_thumb.pn

 

What if we put it above "Recent Topics" instead?

Coach Sommer

Let's try moving it.