I just noticed something on the pre-seminar self-evaluation form. In the e-mail it says, "Please bring the form with you to the seminar, or record your results and bring them." and in the pdf form it says, "All personal evaluations must be received no later than one week prior to the start of the seminar.". So which is it? One week from the start of the seminar is today!
New GB Two Day Seminars: WA and UK
Started by Cole Dano, March 18, 2013 · 84 Replies · 21,114 Views
Is it possible to sign up for the seminar on sunday? I will have to wait till sunday because i need to have a definite answer from my employer if i get off for next weekend or not.
Michael S. said:Is it possible to sign up for the seminar on sunday? I will have to wait till sunday because i need to have a definite answer from my employer if i get off for next weekend or not.
That's no problem Michael S.
thecolin said:I just noticed something on the pre-seminar self-evaluation form. In the e-mail it says, "Please bring the form with you to the seminar, or record your results and bring them." and in the pdf form it says, "All personal evaluations must be received no later than one week prior to the start of the seminar.". So which is it? One week from the start of the seminar is today!
I wondered this too...and where should we send the PDF if so??
All participants will be placed in ability groups PRIOR to the start of the seminar. Please send your evaluation to workshops@gymnasticbodies.com.
In the event of a non-response, the participant will automatically be placed in the beginning group.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Off request granted! :-)
Flight, Hotel and Seminar booked... See you all next week! :-)
Nice one... see you there Michael ![]()
Coach Sommer said:All participants will be placed in ability groups PRIOR to the start of the seminar. Please send your evaluation to workshops@gymnasticbodies.com.
In the event of a non-response, the participant will automatically be placed in the beginning group.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks for clearing that up, form sent.
I though it may be useful. Just some quick tip how to find training site.
For those who booked hotel advised on seminar page, opposite hotel entrance you will see park, when leaving hotel turn to the right, you will see elevated train track, and bridge over the road, that is the direction for training site. When you get to that railtrack bridge turn left, you will see number of car tyres garages in the arches under the railtrack, a bit down into that direction will get you to the arch used by crossfit.
Below is the link to the google street view towards that railtrack/bridge, in fact if you rotate to the right you will see mentioned hotel building under construction.
If you take more steps back you will get to Bethnal Green underground station - which may be the transportation point you use if you will travel form other location.
Thecolin - if you have time and want some walk, when you get to london bridge station, exit it and go towards the river, walk along river bank to the right, eventually you will walk past HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge, cross the bridge towards Tower of London, behind it you will find tower hill station from where you can continue journey, just some idea for a nice walk.
Also, if youre staying at the bethnal green ask to get your room in the 4th floor or lower down. The broiler is in te 6th floor and its like a freaking sauna up here haha.
Lucky for me i get to drag my ladies shopping bags all day so no time to be in the room ![]()
ahahahah shopping...the bad destiny!!
piotro said:Thecolin - if you have time and want some walk, when you get to london bridge station, exit it and go towards the river, walk along river bank to the right, eventually you will walk past HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge, cross the bridge towards Tower of London, behind it you will find tower hill station from where you can continue journey, just some idea for a nice walk.
Thanks, I'll make a note of this. ![]()
Just on my way up to London and I have to admit I'm quite excited about this weekend!
I'm staying with a friend in Bethnal Green tonight and will check into the Travelodge tomorrow sometime. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink or lunch pre seminar then give me a shout.
Rich ![]()
Hi Richard,
PMed you with mobile number.
Should be in Bethnal Green around 21:30 tonight, and then going to grab some food. If anyone's about tonight, send PM and can meet up?
Cheers,
George.
Lunch or Drink Pre Seminar sounds like a good idea :-)
My flight is supposed to land at LHR around 7am , so i guess i'll be in Bethnal Green at the Travelodge around 9:30 -10:00am.
Probably be sat in the Travelodge café at that time, enjoying a nice big breakfast...
Great seminar at the weekend. Learned a lot, worked hard, and had a good time hanging out with friends old and new.
Many thanks again to Coach, Orench and Cole - I loved that the first question at the end was "when is the next one?", which I think sums up how much we enjoyed it. Also, of course, to Andrew Stemler (Crossfit London) for being such a good host - nice tip on rolling cars during urban riots ![]()
PS: If anyone wants to keep in touch, I added FB to my profile.
George Launchbury said:Great seminar at the weekend. Learned a lot, worked hard, and had a good time hanging out with friends old and new.
Many thanks again to Coach, Orench and Cole - I loved that the first question at the end was "when is the next one?", which I think sums up how much we enjoyed it. Also, of course, to Andrew Stemler (Crossfit London) for being such a good host - nice tip on rolling cars during urban riots
PS: If anyone wants to keep in touch, I added FB to my profile.
Couldnt have said it better ![]()
Enjoyed the seminar immensely and looking forward to go again next year. Until then, time to train hard ![]()
George summed it up nicely.
I could add, that it helped me to realise couple of things I should have been putting more work into, training plan adjusted now.
Ditto! It highlighted my weaknesses like a laser - I have a list of fixes to be made before being able to nail the 'Orench warm-up'.
Really enjoyed it all and meeting such nice people.
Big thank you to Coach and Orench - I can't say enough how educational the seminar was.
i'm really very happy to be a part of this fantastic family...great amount o people sharing my passion and what i really love!
A particular thanks to Andrew, Cole, Orench, Coach Sommer who made that event possible..
Was a good opportunity to check my actual form in some exercises, learn something by everyone of the participants ,solve my doubts , learn some strange exercises that 've never seen before and for that a special thanks to Orench an Coach Sommer for answering my thousands of questions. i've really appreciated the passion you express for that arguments!
Of course one of the most important thing was have a professional opinion about my actual level from the Coach. Almost 3 years and half passing to work over my basic and filling my gap.
No second was better spent.
thanks again and i hope to see you soon!!
and of course....i loved the contest and probably i met some of the strongest women in my life!
![]()
I had a good time too, really glad I traveled to London to attend. And it was great to meet some of the people I've seen around on the forums for years. Can't wait to attend a seminar in Arizona within a year or two.
LateStarter@46 said:I have a list of fixes to be made before being able to nail the 'Orench warm-up'.
I've been working those stretches every morning now, it's a great series.
I had a great time as well, my daughter wants to come with me to the next one. Too bad she's only four. ![]()
Had a great weekend too. I think the biggest thing for me to take away is to stretch every day! Some of you guys at the seminar are doing awesome stuff and Joakim... if I have a HeSPU like yours in a few years I'll be a happy man! That was awesome ![]()
Thanks for the MN/PE1>iM cues George and Cole. They took that element to a whole new level for me!
It's great to be part of this community and going to a seminar really consolidates that, I cannot recommend it enough. Coach and the team are doing a great job, thanks guys ![]()
If any of you Brits are down Bournemouth way then give me a shout... it would be good to meet up again!