Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Glycogen and F1

David Birchall

David Birchall

Does anyone know how many carbs one might burn in a workout?

I know an estimate for weight training is 5g carbs per 2 work sets which would work out to be around 90g carbs if 5 sets are used for all 7 exercises.  Obviously the lower you are in the 12 week cycle, the less carbs you would burn.

Would this be ok for a rough estimate?  Deck squats probably deplete more than weight training and I'm not sure about statics.  Also I never factored in the mobility exercises and some are an exercise in their own right.

I am curious as to how static training depletes glycogen compared with dynamic.

Any thoughts?

Joshua Naterman

For rough, quite possibly, but it's very hard to say. That's why I generally suggest that you follow the guide I posted in the 2013 workout nutrition thread.

As exercises get harder, and effort per set gets higher, you're burning more energy, which means more carbs as well. There is no hard and fast way to know what you burn without strapping you to a gas-exchange machine all day :)

experiment and adjust accordingly. if you're experiencing a combination of these:

hypoglycemia.jpg

then bring some raisins to munch on or even better a gatorade/sports drink.

you may also want to adjust your workload.

there is no perfect answer. everyone has a different composition and different needs. trial and error until you get it right.

• Upvote 2

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.