Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So why do you do gymnastics strength?

John Sapinoso

I do it for both bodyweight and gymnastics, I've noticed great gains doing bodyweight so I stuck to it then I happened to like the gymnastics part of it and got into gymnastics.

Well, I think upper body work has the most to gain out of bodyweight exercises especially with rings.

Lower body IMO excels with a mix of bodyweight and weights (namely oly lifts, squats, DLs).

So yeah, I do all bodyweight work for the upper body.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott Malin

I do it for several reasons, some personal and some not. As a trainer I've worked with a variety of mediums with clients and more and more I find that training with body weight produces better results, offers more in terms of variety (which goes a long way in preventing boredom), and has a huge positive psychological effect. There is always somewhere higher to go that isn't just "more of the same done slightly differently". The clients I've trained exclusively with body weight and gymnastics have stuck with regular exercise; and that is the most important success I can have in my job.

I also love being up on the rings. Since the day I first touched them I've been hooked.

1) You work on impressive skills

2) It's as effective as training with weights

3) Gymnast are the most powerful and coordinated athlete of the world

Jason Ingram

I am a grappler and I feel that Gymnastic Strength Training™ and tumbling make great components of the general fitness for grapplers or fighters. In grappling, it's important to have good core strength, flexibility, balance, static strength, joint strength, and tumbling ability among other things. Obviously, these things are developed well with gymnastics training.