FSP's and FBE's

Started by SuperBru, March 4, 2013 · 7 Replies · 3,372 Views

SuperBru

Hi all,

 

I'm new to gymnastics but not fitness in general. I'm currently working on the FSP's to build a great strength foundation. My plan was to utilise the strength gains from the FSP's and use them to do PL pushup and so on. My question is, should I just do FSP's to begin with or should I include FBE's? If so what are the FBE's?

FredInChina

Hi PainIsGain, your questions are answered in BtGB book, have you read it?

As you seem to want to make progress with your gymnastics work, may I suggest that you took a good look at Foundation One? It is arguably the best place to start with bodyweight training :)

SuperBru
FredInChina said:

Hi PainIsGain, your questions are answered in BtGB book, have you read it?

As you seem to want to make progress with your gymnastics work, may I suggest that you took a good look at Foundation One? It is arguably the best place to start with bodyweight training :)

Yes I have started reading it. I know all the FSP's but i'm not so sure about the FBE's. Coach talks about them but doesn't necessarily list them. I have heard good things about F1. The only thing stopping me from purchasing it is the format. I don't like ePub at all because it lags and requires additional software.

FredInChina

Very good then: :)

- For the FSPs, there is a sticky thread in the getting started section called "prerequisites"; this is a good place to start reading.

- For F1, you are in luck; the e-pub format was (or will soon be) abandoned to the benefit of an online course that doesn't require additional software.

SuperBru
FredInChina said:

Very good then: :)

- For the FSPs, there is a sticky thread in the getting started section called "prerequisites"; this is a good place to start reading.

- For F1, you are in luck; the e-pub format was (or will soon be) abandoned to the benefit of an online course that doesn't require additional software.

Thanks for the info:) Online will be much better compared to ePub so I will have a bit of a think about it.

Joshua Naterman

The online format is, indeed, very convenient.

aiken54

I really like the ePub format. Maybe because my ISP has been horrible lately but still. Offline has its benefits. If you get it now you could have both offline and online :D

SuperBru
aiken54 said:

I really like the ePub format. Maybe because my ISP has been horrible lately but still. Offline has its benefits. If you get it now you could have both offline and online :D

True that:)