Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Creating a Protein Blend

Ian Myers

Im putting together a blend of proteins for non-workout consumption, mostly in class. I've heard that Matrix 5.0 is pretty good, but I want to buy in bulk along with whey from truenutrition just because its so cheap. Should I just go with milk protein or would it be better to try to emulate Syntrax with a milk/whey type blend?

Keilani Gutierrez

vegetable protein would be awesome. im  going to experiement with using this to see how my body reacts to it, since i want to discontinue using the poisoned and altered meat in my islands market. 

Vegetable Protein: Artichokes, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, green peas, green pepper, kale, lettuce, mushroom, mustard green, onions, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, turnip greens, watercress, yams, zucchini

Protein in FruitApple, banana, cantaloupe, grape, grapefruit, honeydew melon, orange, papaya, peach, pear, pineapple, strawberry, tangerine, watermelon

Protein in Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, cashews, filberts, hemp seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts (black)

Quick Start Test Smith

Ian, I use TrueNutrition as well. It's really good. 

You may consider creating a custom mix of some small percent whey concentrate and the remaining percent casien. This is a nice combination of short term absorption as well longer term absorption. I highly recommend it!

Yea I was thinking that just getting a bunch of that would be effective enough.

Thanks guys

Quick Start Test Smith

No problem, Ian! 

Milk protein is 80% casein, if you were wondering, and 20% whey.

Hmmm, sounds like I might just be getting that next time...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.