Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introduction and a short video of skills

Sune

Hi all

I have watched, read and greatly enjoyed this board for about an year now, and I think it's about time I made my introduction.

I am a 22 year old gymnast from Denmark, I have trained artistic gymnastic since september 2008, so only 4 months now. But I have been doing team gym and tumbling most of my life, so i'm familiar with the training methods.

I have allways wanted to train artistic gymnastic, but the sport isn't very popular in Denmark, and there are almost no places to train. In september i moved to a bigger city, to start on a new education, and found that there was a small team of gymnasts I could train with. Now I train 2 times a week in the gym and 2 times at home, and I have seen some really great improvements, both with my physical shape, and in the skills I try.

This is a small video of what I have learned since I started in september (only tumbling, highbar, PBars, some circles and a few tricks): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6is_b4gx8c&feature=channel_page

I would very much appreciate some comments and suggestions on how to improve in the skills shown in the video.

Sune

Hey and welcome! Nice to see another Dane here on the forums :D

I know your problems with artistic gymnastics, I had the same problem until I moved out of Denmark. Ehm to work on i would say your flexibility, I'm really impressed with your strength good work! :D

Hey, welcome to the forums. That was a great video, you have skills.

I'm 18 and I really wish I could do real gymnastics too, I was wondering how can you do gymnastics and have a job at the same time? Maybe by working at a gym?

Thanks :D Didn't know you were from Denmark Razz, but awesome! did you ever train gymnastics here?

Sasq, I do a lot of gymnastic related work, teaching kids at the gym or in school, doing different kinds of workshops with gymnastic, tricking and parkour, so it's definitely possible to have a job when studying, and training; maybe not if you're aiming for the olympics though :wink:

Thanks :D Didn't know you were from Denmark Razz, but awesome! did you ever train gymnastics here?

Sasq, I do a lot of gymnastic related work, teaching kids at the gym or in school, doing different kinds of workshops with gymnastic, tricking and parkour, so it's definitely possible to have a job when studying, and training; maybe not if you're aiming for the olympics though :wink:

Thank you for the info. :D I'm going to see if I can work for a gym when I get my drivers license.

Yes i did gymnastics for about 6-7 years before moving, excluding injuries but I only trained 1 time/week . I never got really good though and we only practiced tumbling and trampoline. First when I moved i realised how cool artistic gymnastics was and I try to train really serious now :D I'm still far from your level in tumbling and strength though!