This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please Read: Welcome to Handstand One

Started by Cory Fair, February 28, 2013 · 47 Replies · 10,772 Views

Cory Fair

Congratulations on your journey to a beautiful and strong handstand. Please keep the following in mind:

 

1) The course website is http://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/handstand-series/

 

2) You must keep track of your login. Passwords can be reset on the above website, however, I will not be providing immediate support on this.

 

3) Do not share your login with others. Abnormal activity will be flagged and result in revoked access. Normal activity such as accessing it through your computer, phone, laptop, tablet, and such will not be an issue.

 

4) Course content is meant to remain on the site. We will have a schedule generator and mobile content available shortly for your convenience. 

Glenn Stewart

Hi,I am about to start handstand 1,are the exercises performed in a giant set?there seems to be no paired mobility?

Keilani Gutierrez

first you do the wrist stretches, then the wrist PE's and once done with that, you perform the H1 PE or SE.  

 

if you have any other doubts, read the course material first, search function second and if you can't find what you're looking for specifically with the before mentioned solutions, hit up the forum :)

Danny Carranza
Keilani Gutierrez said:

first you do the wrist stretches, then the wrist PE's and once done with that, you perform the H1 PE or SE.  

 

if you have any other doubts, read the course material first, search function second and if you can't find what you're looking for specifically with the before mentioned solutions, hit up the forum :)

What are the wrist stretches, I am confused on what these are.  In the workout out is says wrist stretch #1, #2, #3, #4, what are those 4 stretches?

Keilani Gutierrez

you have to log into the GB Courses portal and not just look at the workout scheduler. in your workout scheduler, there's a link that'll take you to the courses and you can see the course material + videos in their. 

Pema Lemos

Hello, I just arrived to the courses last week and am really enjoying it.

But I feel some difficulties understanding how to set up the weekly schedule.

This week I followed the workout guide but I'm already able to wall handstand for over 30 seconds and I noticed that when I click "Advance one week" the progression is too slow. Should I start doing random exercises from the course page videos or should I stick to the Workout shedule? Sorry this is really confusing,

Thank you,

Pema Lemos

Ps- And I really don't understand how to set the settings area, is there any guide to this?

Keilani Gutierrez

you should test for mastery of the PE's and iM's in pairs. set the workout frequency to your recovery rate(low, medium or high) and if you can prove mastery, you can move on and use some of the iM's in your warm up because they come in handy for Foundation, H2 and later in the Rings course, if you take that route. 

 

as long as you move through the progressions, proving mastery, there is little to worry about. 

 

to set up the my.gymnasticbodies.com scheduler, you just need to go to settings, workout scheduler, see the different options, pick the one that most suits you and see the days assignment. then excecute. 

6_Impossible_Things

I notice you said that logins will be monitored and abnormal activity will have you banned. I completely understand why but have one question about this.

I use a VPN to access the internet so my IP may appear different at times, is this the sort of thing that will have me banned? Should I be making note to turn off my VPN when accessing the site?

ChU

Hi, Clearly I'm new here.

 

Quick question is there a short e-book or some written guide that goes with Handstand 1? If so, can you please point me to it, as I can't seem to find it.

 

Thanks.

Coach Sommer
ChU said:

Hi, Clearly I'm new here.

 

Quick question is there a short e-book or some written guide that goes with Handstand 1? If so, can you please point me to it, as I can't seem to find it.

 

Thanks.

Have you considered reading the front end of the course? ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Abram Bergen

Hello,

 

I have figured out how to set up my workout schedule for Foundation One, but not for Handstand One. "This Week's Workout" only shows my 5-day workout schedule for Foundation One. I have tried using the beta workout scheduler, and the settings tool within it, to add the Handstand One, but it seems to only add the handstand workout to that particular day--no weekly schedule and progression.

 

How should I integrate Handstand One with Foundation One in a 5-day workout schedule? Do Handstand One exercises every day, every other day, or ?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Abram

Stephanie Wong

Have you tried checking:

 

my workout > settings > workout schedule template ?

 

The workout schedule template should give you a drop down of the possible schedules.

Fabien
Abram Bergen said:

Hello,

 

I have figured out how to set up my workout schedule for Foundation One, but not for Handstand One. "This Week's Workout" only shows my 5-day workout schedule for Foundation One. I have tried using the beta workout scheduler, and the settings tool within it, to add the Handstand One, but it seems to only add the handstand workout to that particular day--no weekly schedule and progression.

 

How should I integrate Handstand One with Foundation One in a 5-day workout schedule? Do Handstand One exercises every day, every other day, or ?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Abram

Hello,

 

I have the same question, I managed to configure my foundation schedule easily, but integrating the handstand course is only possible by configuring a particular day.

I tried different foundation schedules (4 days a week, F7 4 days...) but while all the exercises from foundation are all available I can't seem to find a way to easily integrate the handstand work.

 

Is there a way to configure both foundation and handstand once and for all, or do I have to manually add the handstand work each day when I am not doing foundation?

 

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was already answered  :)

 

Fabien 

Cory Fair
Fabien said:

Hello,

 

I have the same question, I managed to configure my foundation schedule easily, but integrating the handstand course is only possible by configuring a particular day.

I tried different foundation schedules (4 days a week, F7 4 days...) but while all the exercises from foundation are all available I can't seem to find a way to easily integrate the handstand work.

 

Is there a way to configure both foundation and handstand once and for all, or do I have to manually add the handstand work each day when I am not doing foundation?

 

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was already answered  :)

 

Fabien 

 

We will be making this easier in an upcoming patch by adding checkboxes for handstand days in the template manager. 

MikeR

So question: sorry if this has been answered… 

 

So for each handstand workout (I am doing twice a week and F7 twice a week)

 

Each workout you do all the wrist stretches and the PE for wrist pushups, knuckle push up, wrist rocks, fingertip pushups and the IM and PE for freestand handstand

 

or 

 

do you do all the wrist stretches and just the wrist pushups and then move on weeks later to knuckle push up when you mastered the wrist category etc and move long that way

LateStarter@46
MikeR said:

So question: sorry if this has been answered… 

 

So for each handstand workout (I am doing twice a week and F7 twice a week)

 

Each workout you do all the wrist stretches and the PE for wrist pushups, knuckle push up, wrist rocks, fingertip pushups and the IM and PE for freestand handstand

 

This one  :)

MikeR

Thanks for the reply. One more question Since the mobility is done at the beginning and the other PEs do not have a paired mobility how much time time should be allot for rest between each set? i.e. 5x5reps how much time to space it out

DouglasMN

MikeR - You might want to check out the thread on this topic:  https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21526-wrist-progressions-resting-time-between-setsexercises-and-mastery/

 

Cole Dano said, "the programming for these is intentionally left open. As well as rest times."

 

I have found that doing them as a superset and sprinkling in some of the mastered H1 elements does wonders as a warm up for handstand work. For example, I'll do a large set of 3WR+ 3WP+3FKP+3FTP followed by 10r of seated shoulder flexion, then another large set of wrist work followed by a 60s Forearm headstand and so on. 

 

Cheers-


 

Jon Douglas

Supersets worked best for me too, but if you are starting off with particularly weak or inflexible wrists you may need to play with the programming a little to find what works.

Christine

I just bought the H1, and I'm very exited about it. However, the videos for First Knucke Push-ups and Fingertip Push-ups seem to be the same. Am I the only one seing this?

DouglasMN

Welcome, Christine!

 

Watch carefully, they are not the same. In the First Knuckle version, you will lift your palms up but leave your fingers planted to the surface. Your goal will be to create a 90 degree angle at your first knuckle and you may need to take some time to stretch your fingers to achieve this position. When I first started I had a lot of tightness particularly in my right (mouse) hand!

 

In the Fingertip version you will come all the way up onto your fingertips. 

Christine

Thank you so much for answering! I realized that after I wrote it here,but could not erase my question since it was under approval.

Jeff Doornweerd

How often are people doing the handstand workouts?  I am currently doing Foundation 1 three times a week and want to add in handstands as well.  I'm used to crossfitting 5 days a week but am wondering if that will work with gymnastics strength training or if more recovery is better.  Ideally I want to add rings in eventually as well.  So just looking ahead to what the program may eventually look like.  Thanks.

Giovanni Garcea

Twice a week seems to work best for me. I tried once a week but I felt it wasn't frequent enough to learn the movements and improve. Headstand doesn't really affect recovery much, so it is more a time management issue and a personal preference, IMHO.

Davide Isernia
On 01/03/2013 at 0:40 AM, Cory Fair said:

4) Course content is meant to remain on the site. We will have a schedule generator and mobile content available shortly for your convenience. 

Where is this MOBILE app? If it`s not out yet? What are you waiting for?