This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please Read: Welcome to Handstand One

Started by Cory Fair, February 28, 2013 · 47 Replies · 10,772 Views

Julia Quigley
On June 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Davide Isernia said:

Where is this MOBILE app? If it`s not out yet? What are you waiting for?

There isn't an app (and I don't see one promised in the text you quoted). The mobile interface of the website was recently upgraded is quite lovely. 

Christopher Denzer

Hi all:

I am at HS PE5. I am confused about the iM progression. I understand that the goal of the dislocates is to reach shoulder width. But it is also to increase weight. I understand once the weight goes up, you narrow the grip. My question is, where do you stop? I have mastered the strength element, but am not, say, dislocating with 20# at shoulder width. Do I simply continue with the mastery rep/sets for the strength element of PE5 until I am at shoulder width with some weight? I imagine this will take some time, which is fine, but I'm curious what other people's experience is. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Mobility is the reference, if you can dislocate at shoulders width with the designed weight you should rest. remember that 20 kg is the long therm goal. You can feel your shoulders extremely better if you reach the 10% of your BW, really better.

Christopher Denzer

Hi Alessandro:

Thanks so much for replying. I'm not sure I am hearing an answer to my question, however. Should I not move on to the next strength element until I can dislocate at shoulder width with the designated weight? 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, a good idea for the corresponding PE is reduce the rest time.

Christopher Denzer

Ah!  Now I understand! Sorry Alessandro, I didn't explain myself clearly. When I say "move on",I mean advance to the next strength element in the series, i.e. go from PE5 to PE6. So, should I stay at HS PE5 until I can master the mobility element (weighted dislocates) at shoulder width?

Guido Franchetti

Hi Christopher, I am not at this element yet, but from what I have understood about weighted mobility: you start with little weight (2.5-3 kg, even less if need be). You progress mobility until you can do proper ROM with that weight - in this case shoulder width dislocate. Usually, full ROM with this base weight (2.5-3kg) is considered enough for mastery - I am not sure about this specific element though.

In any case you  FIRST obtain the required rom with a given weight, THEN you increase the weight and, most likely, will have to work again your way from a wider grip to the shoulder width one. After mastery, you may want to keep the element in the warm up and gradually keep increasing the weight.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christopher, basically you will stay on the same PE if IM does not match the requirements. If you have already reached the IM5 and mastered also PE5. with dislocate in this case you will move orward to IM6 andPE6 if you have completed the previous BOTH, and you will maintain also IM5 with the goal of build up to 20 kg.

Rodrigo Gordillo

None of this seems to show up on my mobile phone. Is the content different on mobile than it is on desktop? Should I be using my desktop to plan out the course?

Joe DaSilva

How does HS integrate with the rest of the training, How often should I be doing it, which days does it fit into the schedule, does it before or after the normal schedule?

 

Thanks

Joe

Sebastian Garza T
On 6/23/2019 at 4:01 PM, Joe DaSilva said:

How does HS integrate with the rest of the training, How often should I be doing it, which days does it fit into the schedule, does it before or after the normal schedule?

 

Thanks

Joe

Same question here! 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Sebastian Garza T said:

Same question here! 

IT depends on the schedule and on the rest of the training. when handstand must be acquired it should be done when you are fresh, when it needs only practice it can be done whenever you want. it depends.

Sebastian Garza T

If I’m working on F7 2x week, and stretch series 1x week each, would it be ideal to train H1 2x or 3x per week? 

 

Andreas Dietzel

Hi,

I started the HS1 course yesterday and I am wondering about what constitutes one rep for the different Beginner Wrist Walks

Say for the most basic difficulty level for Wall Wrist Walk, the video shows "four walks", alternating which wrist you start with first.

Do these four = 1 repetition? So for the entire Wall Wrist Walk sessions I should do these four walks, rest a little, then repeat for two more sets?

...and likewise for the other wrist walks - what is shown in the vid = 1 rep?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I did a quick search, but did not find a similar question.

Secondly, I apologize for my ignorance ;)

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Andreas Dietzel said:

Hi,

I started the HS1 course yesterday and I am wondering about what constitutes one rep for the different Beginner Wrist Walks

Say for the most basic difficulty level for Wall Wrist Walk, the video shows "four walks", alternating which wrist you start with first.

Do these four = 1 repetition? So for the entire Wall Wrist Walk sessions I should do these four walks, rest a little, then repeat for two more sets?

...and likewise for the other wrist walks - what is shown in the vid = 1 rep?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I did a quick search, but did not find a similar question.

Secondly, I apologize for my ignorance ;)

Cheers!

Hi Andreas...think this way:

-if the goal is 5se x 5 reps

option one: if you do one rep x side you are going to complete the 5 reps with 3 reps on one side and 2 on the other one. this means asymmetrical volume work.

option 2: 1 rep means 1 rep each side and if you complete 5setx5reps you have done 5 reps on each side...

what do you think?

Andreas Dietzel
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Andreas...think this way:

-if the goal is 5se x 5 reps

option one: if you do one rep x side you are going to complete the 5 reps with 3 reps on one side and 2 on the other one. this means asymmetrical volume work.

option 2: 1 rep means 1 rep each side and if you complete 5setx5reps you have done 5 reps on each side...

what do you think?

Thank you for your quick response!

I think that sounds good :)

In the video in my example, the person does four reps (and starts the reps with alternating hands, so for two of the reps, you start with the right hand, and the other two you start with the left hand, and it all evens out).
 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Andreas Dietzel said:

Thank you for your quick response!

I think that sounds good :)

In the video in my example, the person does four reps (and starts the reps with alternating hands, so for two of the reps, you start with the right hand, and the other two you start with the left hand, and it all evens out).
 

Well this is a way to scale the intensity, 2 reps in a row with the same is perceived differently from 1 one rep at a time for coach side.

Joe Pisanzio

Is there a write up for the Handstand course? I can't find any course materials only the videos. I have unlimited.

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Joe Pisanzio said:

Is there a write up for the Handstand course? I can't find any course materials only the videos. I have unlimited.

Hi Joe, the way handstand works through the progression is the same as foundations. btw at the moment, there is no additional material provided.

Regina Daniels
On 2/28/2013 at 6:40 PM, Scott Malin said:

Congratulations on your journey to a beautiful and strong handstand. Please keep the following in mind:

 

1) The course website is http://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/handstand-series/

 

2) You must keep track of your login. Passwords can be reset on the above website, however, I will not be providing immediate support on this.

 

3) Do not share your login with others. Abnormal activity will be flagged and result in revoked access. Normal activity such as accessing it through your computer, phone, laptop, tablet, and such will not be an issue.

 

4) Course content is meant to remain on the site. We will have a schedule generator and mobile content available shortly for your convenience. 

Is there an updated course page? The above link leads to a cPanel 404 error. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 17.09.26.png

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Regina Daniels said:

Is there an updated course page? The above link leads to a cPanel 404 error. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 17.09.26.png

Hey Regina, you are trying to visualize a 2013 post. Many really many things changed..i think that is quite normal that it does not work.

Luca Borzani

sorry to resume an old thread. As it's been established the original course page doesn't exist anymore, what page am i supposed to visit to get the course information now?

Alessandro Mainente
47 minutes ago, Luca Borzani said:

sorry to resume an old thread. As it's been established the original course page doesn't exist anymore, what page am i supposed to visit to get the course information now?

Hi LUca , the original standalone course is no longer available. only the subscription that gives all access is possible.