This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist progressions. Resting time between sets/exercises and mastery

Started by mike_ross, August 16, 2015 · 12 Replies · 765 Views

mike_ross

Hi,

 

Just by reading the courses, the articles and the forum, a lot of doubts have been answered. It is great!!!

 

There is some information I havent found about the wrist exercises:

 

Resting time between wrist sets

In Foundation, there is no rest between sets. The iM is your "active rest".

In Hanstand, after the wrist stretches, you do one variation the other four wrist exercises. But here there is no iM. So, is there any rest/break/pause between sets?

I was wondering, because, one one hand, if you dont do a rest between sets, it will be like doing 1x25r instead of 5x5r. But, on the other hand, I was thinking that there is no need for a big rest between this wrist sets.

Maybe the rest is just a fast "shake-your-wrists-and-continue-again"?

 

Resting between wrist exercises

How long you should (or shouldnt) rest between wrist exercises?

 

Masterying wrist exercises

Are you also suposed to do like in Fundation that you have to try to master PE1 and see where in the cycle you are? and continue like that with pe2, pe3... untill you dont pass?.

So, the wrist exercises that you have already mastery, you just use them for warming up?

 

Thanks in advance!!

Jason Dupree

I think a lot of us prefer no rest doing them as a circuit. So 5 of each, repeat 5 times. Correct on passing mastery. Once you master the last one, doing one set of 10 of each should be good to maintain, though sometimes doing higher volume is good.

Keilani Gutierrez

i like doing them all grouped together 4x4r of wp, 4x4r of fkp, i rest 30 sec between sets and always warm up with 10r of pe3 of each progression these days.

mike_ross
Jason Dupree said:

I think a lot of us prefer no rest doing them as a circuit. So 5 of each, repeat 5 times. Correct on passing mastery. Once you master the last one, doing one set of 10 of each should be good to maintain, though sometimes doing higher volume is good.

That sounds like a good option. But if with some exercises you have sets of 5 and with some you have sets of 3, you just do the rounds needed, isnt it?
mike_ross
Keilani Gutierrez said:

i like doing them all grouped together 4x4r of wp, 4x4r of fkp, i rest 30 sec between sets and always warm up with 10r of pe3 of each progression these days.

sounds good too. you rest 30sec between sets, and also 30sec between exercises?

Keilani Gutierrez
mike_ross said:

sounds good too. you rest 30sec between sets, and also 30sec between exercises?

10r warm up set ;;; first set ;; rest ;; second set ;; rest ;; finish assignment ;; 10r warm up set ;;; first set ;; rest. ;; etc.
Cole Dano

As a quick FYI to the OP, the programming for these is intentionally left open. As well as rest times.

 

Feel free to try out any of the suggestions above, or create your own.

Ravn

My routine combines the wrist prep with a shoulder warmup:

 

Wrist stretches -->

 

Set 1 wrist prep -->

 

HS/PE3>iM 10 reps -->

 

Set 2 wrist prep -->

 

MN/SE15>iM for 10 reps (weighted shoulder extension hang) -->

 

Set 3 wrist prep --> 

 

MN/SE15>iM for 30 seconds -->

 

Set 4 wrist prep -->

 

HS/PE4>iM for 10 reps -->

 

Set 5 wrist prep -->

 
HS/PE5>iM for 7 reps-->
 
Warmup finished-->
 
Todays assignment.
Kasper Stangerup

I do them as a circuit, and with a set of weighted dislocates between each round.

mike_ross

Good, nice to read what options you are taking.

I am going to try first in circuit.

But for the mastery tests, I will do continuosly the sets of just one wrist exercises... in order to be able to test properly the mastery.

mike_ross
Cole Dano said:

As a quick FYI to the OP, the programming for these is intentionally left open. As well as rest times.

 

Feel free to try out any of the suggestions above, or create your own.

really good to know. so I will try some options and find the one suits me and like the most.

P.S: "OP" means "Original Poster", isnt it?

Christopher Denzer

Hi all:

I'm confused about the mastery of the SE elements. I mastered Wrist Pushup, 1st knuckle pushup, Wrist rocks and Fingertip pushups long ago, but they keep showing up on my weekly programming along with whatever HS step that I am at. Are those SE's just meant to be done ad infinitum, 5x5 until I get to a certain advanced HS step? 

Étienne Lajeunesse
4 hours ago, Christopher Denzer said:

Hi all:

I'm confused about the mastery of the SE elements. I mastered Wrist Pushup, 1st knuckle pushup, Wrist rocks and Fingertip pushups long ago, but they keep showing up on my weekly programming along with whatever HS step that I am at. Are those SE's just meant to be done ad infinitum, 5x5 until I get to a certain advanced HS step? 

Hi Christopher,

As I saw somewhere, use them as a warm-up for your handstand workouts. I don't think you need to do all 5 sets everytime, but it's still good to keep them on point once in a while. :)