Progress video after first post!

Started by lerkevei, February 25, 2013 · 11 Replies · 3,068 Views

lerkevei

UPDATE VIDEO:
http://bit.ly/X6XBU2

Details will be in YouTube inbox.
I will continue uploading progress videos regularly on my channel, on my way to body-weight mastery!
:) :) :) :)


Feedback is appreciated, feel free to leave a comment here or on YouTube  :)
How is the straight arm stuff looking? Ring support and muscle-ups?

*I know the deadlift form is really sketchy, but I was getting that shit up, form was not on my mind, haha.

OLD THREAD: 
http://bit.ly/13iUvzG

post-4489-0-94639200-1361834575_thumb.jp

Hernandez C

Be careful with that deadlift man, your back looked very curved, remember, you'll always want good technic and form with either weightlifting or GST, try to pull and drag the weight on your shins, use your glutes on the lift and look for the initial position, you should feel a slight pull on your hamstrings, other than that, nice progress and keep up the good work

Daniel Burnham

Your need to straighten your body on ring support. You are still hunched over. The handstand should have a narrower hand placement. You will find wide makes it easier for the hespu but you should bring them in quickly.

lerkevei

Thanks for the constructive criticism guys, very much appreciated.

When it comes to the deadlift, you're 100% right, need to watch my form on those max attempts.
I felt it when I did it that something wasn't right (some back pain). Won't happen again, I'm not risking more injury, already pissed off at my wrist problem.

Daniel Burnham said:

Your need to straighten your body on ring support. You are still hunched over. The handstand should have a narrower hand placement. You will find wide makes it easier for the hespu but you should bring them in quickly.

Should I have narrower hand placement on the wall HS/freestanding HS too, or did you mean for the wall HeSPU only?

Again, thanks - amazing that I can come to a place like this and find all these resources + get feedback :)

jl5555

Some nice work.  But, and this might be a personal rule, whenever I see people just throw themselves off the bar or rings at the end of a static hold or the final rep that I think it's a tremendous waste and there really ought to be a Coach system that automatically deducts 25% of your time/reps if you do that.   :icon_twisted:   Same goes for just falling out of your handstands.  

 

I think you should end your exercise with as much care as you put into the beginning.

lerkevei

hehe I get what you mean, I actually do that normally.. but when going to failure (testing maxes) there is nothing left for slowly coming out of a position for me :D 

jl5555
lerkevei said:

but when going to failure (testing maxes) there is nothing left for slowly coming out of a position for me :D

 

I suppose I must be missing the point of doing that.   There is lots of discussion around about the benefit of using negatives to build upon progress.  You miss that entirely by just throwing yourself out of a hold or exercise.  Ya?

lerkevei

Hitting 60s on the lever variations is the mark I set to achieve before moving on to more difficult variations :) I did, and will now proceed with advanced tuck training.

Coach Sommer

Progress videos should be posted in the Workout Log section.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

chobbs

Keep in mind if you want feedback it won't happen until the Workout Logs forum permissions get squared away as nobody can see your thread right now.

 

- Chris

Coach Sommer

For ongoing evaluation it needs to be in Workout Logs.  However for a single evaluation he may also place it in Digital Coaching.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer