This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What else are you training alongside Level 1?

Started by Klaudius Petrulis, February 18, 2013 · 52 Replies · 2,733 Views

Adriano Augusto
Adriano Flo said:

Indoor Rock climbing too many hours a week, capoeira, running, pilates, yoga, ring strength sequences, mobility/prehab stuff, squatting/deadlifting, wing tsun, HS every day...

 

and F1 5 days a week.

 

Since F1 work take 30-40 minutes more or less, there is a lot of time to do things!

 

A lot of movement!

Maybe this comment from 18 Feb needs a update.

 

These days I'm just doing F1 4 times a week, HS1 2 times a week and mobility/flexibility work with Kit's material. Because of my job -but I don't see it as a job at all- I continue with Yoga as a student and a teacher. 

 

From this post, I dropped almost everything, specially the hard ones: rock climbing, weighlifting (that I signed up in summer) and Martial Arts. 

 

So, the key message of this post is: sometimes the less, the better. And of course I'm not saying not do anything at all alongside F1 or HS1, but the volume will go up while we're progressing through Foundation, HS, Movement, etc. So, it's a CHOICE of where you want to put your energy and recovery. My decision is clear.

IcedDante

It's funny because soon after I made my February post I royally screwed up my lower back. Since then I stopped everything and went into Physical Therapy.  Now that's done, I reintroduced Foundation and was just training that. Recently I brought tumbling back, but I am seeing that I can easily overdo it here.

 

So "light" tumbling (if that even exists) and I'm going to try to bring Capoeira back in 2014. Getting old :(

Destiny

Nothing right now really... I do H1 and once or twice a week I'll do some 1 arm chin isometric holds for 5-10 seconds to maintain my strength. So far it hasn't really been enough to maintain my weighted pull ups (tried a few weeks ago). But I'm confident I'll get that back up easy when and if I want to.

 

I'm trying to focus on F1 only since my progress has really slowed the past couple months.