This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What else are you training alongside Level 1?

Started by Klaudius Petrulis, February 18, 2013 · 52 Replies · 2,733 Views

Joshua Naterman

You could always use F1 material for warm up when climbing.

Somalie

Hey josh how much you deadlift?

My best is 315 @ 150

ausswe
Joshua Naterman said:

You could always use F1 material for warm up when climbing.

very true!  i guess once I am on to F2 then F1 will probably be a warm up for everything I do =D 

every week I am excited to train now with the new foundation series wish i had the money to have pre-purchased all of them together....!  I hate the fact that I have to take 2 days of rest each week for foundation i just want to do more of it ^_^ =(

maleko

I won't start trying F1 til next month, but I'll definitely fit in handstand stuff somewhere.  I'll also keep practicing frog stand to work on balancing on my hands...hand strength is a real weak point for me. And I'll run & jump rope 2-3 times a week. Other than that, I'll just have to see how I adjust to the F1 routine.

Joshua Naterman
Somalie said:

Hey josh how much you deadlift?

My best is 315 @ 150

These days, probably 450.

 I dont lift heavy anymore, I keep my work sets around 275 for sets of 10-15 reps. This is mostly because I was an idiot about a year ago and strained my right hamstrings... some specific rehab work is really, really helping, but the progress is slow. In the meantime, I just keep things reasonable.

 

My best was 510x2 @ 205 lbs.

 

315 @ 150 is pretty respectable, keep up the good work!

Keilani Gutierrez

F1 WOD 5x/week

 

Kung Fu(general work on forms, self defenses, bag work, mobility specific exercises to aid the positions in the forms, which F1 is doing spectacularly)3x/week

 

Flow Arts(spinning poi to help "opening up" my mind in movement patterns

BMX(when the mood strikes but anywhere from 2-3x/week to 1/month)

 

Handstands(working on wallhandstands currently.)stopped pretty much since i've started F1, but I'll be incorporating these to after my WOD until H1 comes out then start from scratch their. 
 

Keilani Gutierrez
Somalie said:

Hey josh how much you deadlift?

My best is 315 @ 150

a few months ago, I tried my first deadlift at 225lb @ 148 & once I get mastery on the SLS, i'm gonna retest my 1RM :D

stoked to see that it isn't something too easy especially at our weight #highfive B)

gohei_

At the moment I do a little bit of bridge work next to F1, will add in hs work once HS1 comes around.

I also practice Kung Fu 3 times a week and I try to run as much as possible.

Matt JC

Tumbling.  Typically at least three times a week.



 

Ravn

Am doing F1 four days a week. Doing FSP's twice a week, and want to keep working on strength/balance stuff such as Bowers and HesPU. Plus, I'd like to keep hitting the Pelicans, Muscle-ups, Side body levers, and L-sit to PL, because these movements are just too much fun.

I don't know if I'm biting over more than I can chew though, might be too much volume. I'm thinking rep schemes along the lines of 3x5 or 4x4 for the extra stuff, once a week per exercise.

whaleysa

Tues/Thurs/Sat F1 and jogging.

M/W/F fitness "boot camp" at our corporate gym.

Sat/Sunday - jog or trail runs at a nearby state park.

Doing a Tough Mudder in April, hence the running volume and 3 x F1 template.

If not for that I would drop/severely reduce the running ( I am terrible at it).

After April, Foundation becomes priority (4 or 5 day templat). will add Handstand 1.

Patrick Smith

Outside of F1:

 

1. Neck strength and calf strength finishers

2. Front squats and variations

3. Single Leg Squat

4. Spring legs

5. Karate sparring thrice a week

6. A few hours karate practice on Saturdays

7. And maybe in a few weeks some pulling/pushing mini-workouts

Keilani Gutierrez
Patrick Smith said:

Outside of F1:

 

1. Neck strength and calf strength finishers

2. Front squats and variations

3. Single Leg Squat

4. Spring legs

5. Karate sparring thrice a week

6. A few hours karate practice on Saturdays

7. And maybe in a few weeks some pulling/pushing mini-workouts

Patrick, what resources are you using to strenghten your neck? wrestler bridges and front bridges? or what?

Klaudius Petrulis

Ah bridging! I work on backwards hand wallwalks. It definitely loosens things up! :D

pogo69
whaleysa said:

Tues/Thurs/Sat F1 and jogging.

M/W/F fitness "boot camp" at our corporate gym.

Sat/Sunday - jog or trail runs at a nearby state park.

Doing a Tough Mudder in April, hence the running volume and 3 x F1 template.

If not for that I would drop/severely reduce the running ( I am terrible at it).

After April, Foundation becomes priority (4 or 5 day templat). will add Handstand 1.

I feel your pain re: the running.  I started with Tough Mudder last September and have since become an Obstacle Racing addict.  With a long and painful history of ITBS, I've had to very slowly build up and continue to build LOTS of running volume to survive.

 

Testing mastery of PE1 for each progression this week - will start on week 1 for all from next week.

 

3 day template + 3 days running + 1 day HIIT.  I'll play with other skills previously developed (MU, HS etc) as time and my body's recovery allows.

 

Was originally going to try to work in deadlifts and squats, but squats wreck me for running.  Will revisit the idea of occasional deads when I've had time to acclimatise to the new schedule.

synchroGENized

swimming 4-5x a week, jogging 1x/week, yoga when I can be "mindfull".... finding the foundation in the morning makes me shakey after 1500 m at night (as in full body trembes...wtf?), hoping that better eating habits and time to get used to it will help

Julian Wilson

B-boying!

spinelli

I'd really like to get back into some bouldering or mountain biking but at the minute what with work and other commitments taking all my waking time it's not possible, I'm sticking with F1 pretty well but I'm pretty run down in energy terms (although that's my fault due to not eating properly for the last week, I'm one of those people that really gets into work and don't notice that I've been working 8 hours straight and forgotten to eat), hopefully after the next week or so things will settle a little and I won't have such a mountain of work to do and I can

Jon Douglas

Standard martial arts, press handstand, ring series 2-3 times a week..

 

Happy with sPL and HBp progressions so I'm running them over again from the top on the XR while maintaining the top reps on the floor/PB... actually quite proud of that approach to pre-release restlessness...

piotro

GST wise back and front levers, rope climb, handstand, more rings stuff, etc. Still can't get past PE1 when doing F1 :).

IcedDante

I've been trying to get the Muscle Up for a while now, so I continue to train that working Negative muscle ups, jumping muscle ups, etc.

 

I also train with local Capoeira groups and do some of Ido Portal's art of floreio work. And tumbling!!!

Michael S.

When Handstand 1 will be released i'll get it asap and do whatever is in there after my F1 work :) Also thinking to join a nearby martial arts gym for may be boxing or capoeira.

Peter Sbirakos

Before F1 every morning, I'll knock over some GS kb style sets as a warm up. Then teach karate Monday evenings, kickboxing Wednesday evenings and also teach salsa Thursday evenings. Most Sunday evenings I play board war games. And during the week days, I help coach in professional sport as a Sports Scientist Intern. A full, busy life.

Edit: forgot to add that on occasion (Fridays) will head over to Kit and Olivia's Monkey Gym for an extra workout. Those classes wipe me out.

Alessandro Mainente

breakdance powermoves and ph 5 days a week after foundation works

FritsMB

I started F1 a couple of weeks ago in the middle of a training schedule for some (veterans) rowing races In March. I am doing F1 (plus some HS training) on a 6 day schedule mostly on the same days that we train in the boat (1.5 to 2 hours each outing; endurance plus sprints). So far, I have only noticed benefits. There is some stiffness from the stretching; that is all. So, I expect that Foundation training will go very well with any of the sports that I do (x-cntry skiing, rowing, climbing). I also plan to start my basic ring (dream machine) strength training, once I am well entrenched into Fundation training. Just curious to see how they combine.