Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Curious

Andrew Long

Hej hej,

Okay over the past month or so my diet has been made up of approximately 1-2kilos of vegetables, 500 grams of poultry or beef and 1 liter of milk per day. Occasionally something like a spoonful of honey some fruit or lollies/chocolate will get thrown in there as wel but in very small amounts and always after the workout. Now I'm running a deficient of calories for sure considering work alone keeps me on my feet for 4-8 hours a day and then I train a good 4 times a week. But my body doesn't seemed to have changed much at all. I look like I might have lost a tiny bit of fat, maybe it is hard to tell but my weight hasn't changed in the slightest over this month... Just curious how that's possible....

Due to money and time restrictions the meals are usually split up into 2-4 a day so a small breakfast of milk and meat maybe some salad if I can then lunch few hundred grams of meat and a salad then after the workout milk and 200-300 grams of meat and a good half a kilo more veggies

thats what i was thinking,,, i cant understand how this is possible?  i should be losing a lot of weight fat and muscle but if anything i think some of my muscle looks a bit bigger and fat a little lower but then again its really hard to tell from the mirror but the scales havent changed in a month so im kinda confused... unfortunately i dont have much choice with the amount of food im getting right now :( but I dont feel more tired than usual and  my workouts havent suffered it seems.  today I climbed better than i did the past week =D felt much stronger.  

also the milk is mostly 0.5-1.5%.  I am pretty sure i am barely getting my bmr needs let alone anything else right now.... i have started adding a little bit of junk like i said with the chocolate and stuff because I dont want to have such a huge deficient and the junk food is free :D

Michael Soueid

Even with whole milk, your daily intake would be much to low

1l Whole Milk 700 kcal

2kg Veggies around 400-500kcal

500g poultry 600kcal

thats only around 1700-1800kcal. A lot less if you drink reduced fat milk.

Up your calories significantly. Maybe you could have a glass or two whole milk more and eat a good sized portion of rice close after your workout?

I know I am at a serious deficient but I don't have a choice right now as this is the only option for me financially. I think you missed the point though, I'm confused because I expected to start shrinking considerably both fat and muscle. But nothing is changing at all from what I can see over the past month or so. So I and wondering what's going on? Maybe my calorie intake isn't as high as I thought? I heard the metabalism can drop as much as 30%. If you run a deficient for too long and I'm thinking maybe something like that happened to me a while ago because there have been a few points in my life where I just couldn't get enough calories for a while. I have no idea about any of this stuff though, which is why I'm curious if anyone here has an idea how I could run such a deficient not feel more tired than usual and still feel like in getting stronger without any weight change?

P.s. on some of those days I might get a little more or a little less of those things I eat but the difference isn't very significant maybe a couple hundred calories difference at most. Also I could maybe ad rice to my diet but I stopped eating it a long time ago and now it just doesn't sit as well that well in my stomache :( same with most grains I eat.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.