Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Newest Jr National Team Member

Coach Sommer

Newest%20Jr%20Nat%27l%20Team%20Member.jpg

Congratulations to Alex Bower, newest member of the USA Jr National Developmental Team at 8 years old!

Here are a few videos of Alex in action;

• 7 months later...
Coach Sommer

He began training in gentle introductory classes at two years old or so and then began team training with me at 4-5 years old.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Wow that i a very young age? A age 2? I assume his parents made him do gymnastics? Or did he decide at age 2?

You didn't understood. He started seriously at the age of 4 or 5, all before was learning trough playing or in the other word recreational. And at the last, to be in the National Team you must have be a talent, not every one can be in or can do the same.

Coach Sommer

At that age there is very little "making" involved with their training. Most of the class time is spent allowing them to run, jump, climb and explore the various pieces of equipment with a little guidance from their parents and teachers.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Actually it was named after his older brother, Allan, who is the current Jr National Champion.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 1 month later...

Coach Sommer

Did Alex test 8-9 years old again or did you have him compete up to 10 years old at this years Future Stars Regionals. I was just curious to see how you develop such an athlete. I have 2 boys similar age who tested 8-9 yr old last weekend who scored 80 81. Since the future star program is becoming stronger maybe we could have more of a forum type of dicussion on what you think about transitioning Future Stars to JO level 9. I know it helped Allan make his adjustment very well.

Thank You for your time , this site and forum has been a great asset for me to help improve my program.

• Scott Malin unpinned this topic