This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What Have You Found Are Your Mobility Deficits?

Started by RatioFitness, February 2, 2013 · 41 Replies · 1,420 Views

RatioFitness

For me, I've only failed in hamstring and hip internal rotation. 

 

I totally failed in hip swivels (sPL/PE1>iM). I can't get my knees very close to the ground without one of my glutes coming way off the floor. However, I have no problem with the mobility after this. 

 

I'm also pretty tight doing the windmill (MN/PE1>iM), but I can touch the tips of my fingers to floor. This category will be hardest for me. 

 

Other than that, my knees are a little too bent on Shoulder Bridge Rock (FL/PE6>iM), but I am nearly there. 

 

I can do everything involving the shoulders no problem. 

Naxels

For me my biggest mobility constraint is wrists

with hamstrings on number 2

 

I hope there are wrist mobility iM's in the coming volumes :)

as I will now start my journey in Straddle Planche on the P-barz

Awesssss

I have recently bought foundation and found that my mobility is far ahead. For instance I can place my face on my shins in a seated pike. But for sure I will do most in my warm ups and/or daily.

My biggest problem is shoulders, they are very tight, although much better now that I've worked on them.

LateStarter@46

Mobility deficits? Don't get me started!  :)

Jon Douglas

Scap depression with proper activation. Secondary deficit, retraction .

Getting up to scratch quickly :)

Mats Trane
Zach Armijo said:

Retraction and hip mobility have been a massive focal point.

Same here...

Murray Truelove

Probably everything from the neck down.

It's getting better though...

ChrisUK

Deficits in every area, though most are more minor than major and are mostly worked out after a year on foundation. The huge ones for me are scapular depression in planche, elevation(when in a handstand), oblique flexibility, and well...really the entire shoulder girdle, I am still working on Shoulder Dislocates for more than half a year without increasing weight, there is progress it is just very very slow. (Pretty these were caused by being a minor pro gamer in the past, 12-14hrs/day in a chair for months /:) 

 

I suppose flat feet can count as a mobility issue too? 

Keegan

Hip internal rotation, spinal flexion (specifically lumbar), H1 has illustrated lack of shoulder flexion and extension

Keegan

Oh and hip extension, definitely hip extension

Alan Tseng

Hamstrings.  Coincidentally I have been struggling with both SLS/SE1>iM and MN/PE2>iM

Duff

Hamstrings, a funky left shoulder, piriformis.

 

Also everything else. Except ankles. Somehow, I won the genetic lottery for mobile ankles.

Keilani Gutierrez
Mats Trane said:

Same here...

makes three of us ;_; 

Yelena

Ankles. Definitely ankles. It's going to be a while before I can do proper deck squats, though I'm making some progress. My wrists are also not great, though not entirely terrible.

Stefano Di Virgilio

I have just started F1+H1, but I tried many iM's before starting properly the program and fortunately (and strangely) my only mobility problems are on shoulders.

Keilani Gutierrez
Stefano Di Virgilio said:

I have just started F1+H1, but I tried many iM's before starting properly the program and fortunately (and strangely) my only mobility problems are on shoulders.

Dio vi benedica.

Sven Ravnstag

My deficiencies seem mostly to be in the areas Foundation requires to move past PE1s.

Kasper Stangerup

I've had no issues with the mobility aspects so far (though if my hamstring flexibility was a little better, I might find hanging leg lifts easier). My sticking points have been strength related, and in parrticular the strength endurance aspects of several of the PEs have been real bottle necks. 

emilianop

define deficits

 

(based on your definition my answer might be "everything" or  "almost everything")

BMJD

In terms of mobility was pretty lucky to not have too much deficit, most were addressed by just doing foundation. My issues were mainly engagement, strength and endurance.

Richard Gould

I'm naturally pretty flexible and years of yoga has helped, e.g. I can put my face on my shins in a seated pike, no probs with any of the shoulder stuff. But I tend to be fairly lordotic in my lumbar spine and locked into a anteriorly tilted pelvis, I've improved this a lot through yoga, but finding PPT in each new position is a big struggle. I'm also very flat in my thoracic spine, almost no trunk flexion, MN/PE2>im is helping here but it's extremely slow going - I can easily get the bar 20cm below the box with my face on my shins, but getting there one vertebra at a time is almost impossible.

Joseph Morris

Ankle dorsiflexion to the point that I can't squat with a flat back or sit at the bottom of an SLS. Hamstrings which make it hard to stay neutral in a deadlift or do MN/PE2. Some lack of shoulder internal rotation (though it hasn't affected anything so far), and hip internal rotation (can't keep butt on the ground in Hip Swivels, sPL/PE1>iM).

 

My wrists are bad. Too much time on a computer, perhaps, but it was first identified at 17 when I joined the military. Never worked on it because I had adequate passive mobility for push-ups, handstand push-ups against a wall, etc. About 6-7 years ago I managed to chop flexor tendons in my left index finger, which means I now can't straighten that finger, which means no bending it back, which means no FKP/PEanything for me.

 

Interestingly, I have a pretty bendy spine, so despite crazy stiff hamstrings I can still put my hands flat on the ground when standing with my knees locked, can put my chest on my thighs, etc. 

Alexander Egebak

That must be hip flexors and hip rotation.

 

SLS PE3 is killing me by requiring me to stay so low at the ground.

Javier

Mainly my left shoulder. But that wasn't a surprise since I had a partial tear of the supraspinatus tendon many years ago. Hip mobility wasnt' great either after spending 6 months of every year for the past three preparing for certification exams, reading 4-5 hours a day after work. Now I'm done, and hope not to repeat anything similar again. After the last exam I was actually in pain because of the lack of exercise and sitting all day. Swivel hips are coming along nicely now after someone posted advice on planks to help with this move. 

David Rioux

Everything!

Adductors & Abductors worst