Questions On Prerequisites

Started by David Birchall, January 30, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,281 Views

David Birchall

Hollow Plank - Should I strive to turn my elbows out like in PB Support?

 

Inverted Hang - Should I start in a supinated (chin up grip) hang and go inverted or should I start in a pronated grip (pull up grip) hang and get inverted?

 

Should my inverted hang goal be 3*30s or 3*60s?

 

Should my German Hang goal be 3*30s or 3*60s?

 

Once the 6 initial prerequisites are nailed should I start with:

 

FL - Tuck L Hang 3*30s

BL - German Hang 3*30s

LS - Tuck L Sit 3*30s

PL - Planche Lean 3*30s (can I start planche leans or should I wait until I have a full L Sit 3*30?)

 

 

 

Thank you for any input I'm sure this stuff will be clear in the next book but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Richard Burns

Hollow Plank - I think elbow direction is not an issue here but Elbow In is better to protract.

Inverted Hang - To go Inverted hang from dead hang, you should press down the rings or bar. right? From dead hang where shoulder flexion, it is much easier to generate force to have pronated grip. In reverse like Back Lever where shoulder extension, supinated grip is better to have.

 

For FL, i think Inverted row (foot on the ground) is good to start with because Shoulder girdle is the key almost in every positions! 

Keilani Gutierrez
dbirchall said:

Hollow Plank - Should I strive to turn my elbows out like in PB Support?

 

Inverted Hang - Should I start in a supinated (chin up grip) hang and go inverted or should I start in a pronated grip (pull up grip) hang and get inverted?

 

Should my inverted hang goal be 3*30s or 3*60s?

 

Should my German Hang goal be 3*30s or 3*60s?

 

Once the 6 initial prerequisites are nailed should I start with:

 

FL - Tuck L Hang 3*30s

BL - German Hang 3*30s

LS - Tuck L Sit 3*30s

PL - Planche Lean 3*30s (can I start planche leans or should I wait until I have a full L Sit 3*30?)

 

 

 

Thank you for any input I'm sure this stuff will be clear in the next book but I thought I'd ask anyway.

all this and soooooooooooooooo much more will be available tomorrow once Foundation One is released. 

David Birchall

I really can't wait - lol the last few hours are seeming like forever!

 

Thanks for your input