If I Feel Good - Can I Take An Extra Training Day ?

Started by MrPuppeh, January 23, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,582 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

The question basically is about muscle recovery and training frequency.

I am asking this because i bought a supplement that will boost my recovery rate ( It has BCAA included)

 

I know that Doms are not the only sign that you need to rest a day or more to allow your muscles to recover before continue your training. But If you feel kinda good the next day ? 

 

If I feel good the next morning - Can i take 1 or 2 extra training days ?

 

Or am i going too quick about adding an extra day?

 

I'm sorry if this question seems kinda dumb 

 

Thank you !

 

 

 

Daniel Burnham

Impossible to know without knowing you or your training schedule. I do not recommend adding more than 5 strength work days a week for beginning. It really depends on what you do during your workout. Also I've found that recovery is more dependent on sleep and food. Supplements will onl help a small amount and that is assuming the rest is in order.

Riku Calderón

It does all depend on your situation. For me example. I train 12 times / week. But mostly it is MMA drills with very low intensity.

 

I do only 4 strength / week and 3 hig intensity MMA. But i have done this now for years.

 

The main concern is that you over train. So think do you wanna risk that and probably not ever train again.

 

Yeah and I sleep 8+1 hour every day and eat every 2,5 hours 30g protein and vegetables. And my supplement plan is sick. I can tell you later if you are interested but it is planned for me directly.

Joshua Slocum

As a general rule, I don't think it's a good idea to futz around with your training schedule based solely on how you feel that day. If over 2-3 weeks you notice that you have consistently felt energetic and well rested, then I would recommend building a new schedule with an additional day of training. Test it out and take careful note of how you feel throughout the week. Try the new schedule with an extra day for 2-3 weeks. If after the third week you still feel good (high energy levels, no major accumulation of injuries or soreness), then you can probably handle training that way all the time. 

Nyikhaj

If I feel good the NeXT morning and have time, I am playing around some skills or playing bball in the park or sth like this. No strength training, no sweat and tears, just enjoying any kind of movement. In my opinion more than 3-(4) pure strength training a week is overkill for a fitness enthusiast.

Joshua Naterman

I think it's overkill for almost anyone, if we're talking about strength training for the same muscle groups.