Hi,
I 've gone over Coach Sommers' book a few times and I'm hoping someone can give me some constructive criticism about my routine. I've put together a routine based on the Steady State Cycle. I'm a bit unsure of certain things; like integrating fundamental static positions paired off with fundametal bodyweight exercises but here it is:
4 days per week program followed for 6 to 8 weeks: Monday,Tuesday,Thursday, and Friday are training days. Each day has a different pressing, pulling, core and leg exercise for 3 sets of 3 to 5 reps that's preceded with a static hold for time (3sets, 6 seconds). I'm supersetting an FSP with an FBE for 3 rounds and then moving on to the next pair
I intend on changing my routine after 8 weeks. I'm a bit confused with the Steady State training cycle. I'm not sure if the static holds are placed properly within the program or if I need this amount of variety for each day. I have various goals that I'd like to reach within a 6 month range - Front Lever, Back Lever, Planche - straddle and Straddle L - parallel barl. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Workout #1
Advanced Frogstand - 3s - 6 seconds
XR Bulgarian - 3s x 3-5r
Back Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
XR Pull Ups Bulgarian L - 3s x 3-5r
Straddle L Parallel Bar - low - 3s - 6 seconds
German Hang - 3s x 3-5r
Front Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
Deck Squat - 3s x 3-5r
Workout #2
Advanced Frogstand - 3s - 6 seconds
XR Psuedo Planche Push Ups - 3s x 3-5r
Back Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
Front Lever Rows Tuck - 3s x 3-5r
Straddle L Parallel Bar - low - 3s - 6 seconds
V-ups - 3s x 10r
Front Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
Single Leg Squat - 3s x 3-5r
Workout #3
Advanced Frogstand - 3s - 6 seconds
Headstand Push ups - 3s x 3-5r
Back Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
Wide Grip Pull Ups - behind neck - 3s x 3-5r
Straddle L Parallel Bar - low - 3s - 6 seconds
Reverse Leg Lift - 3s x 3-5r
Front Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
Arch Ups - 3s x 3-5r
Workout #4
Advanced Frogstand - 3s - 6 seconds
XR Psuedo Planche Push Ups - 3s x 3-5r
Back Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
XR Muscle Up - kipping - 3s x 3-5r
Straddle L Parallel Bar - low - 3s - 6 seconds
Hanging Leg Lifts - 3s x 3-5r
Front Lever Flat Tuck - 3s - 6 seconds
Deck Squat - 3s x 3-5r