If I have already mastered the prerequisites, in the 1x60s of each warm up:
Can I replace reverse plank with 60s bridge?
Can I replace plank with 60s Fx PL Lean?
Thanks,
David
Started by David Birchall, January 16, 2013 · 3 Replies · 13,696 Views
If I have already mastered the prerequisites, in the 1x60s of each warm up:
Can I replace reverse plank with 60s bridge?
Can I replace plank with 60s Fx PL Lean?
Thanks,
David
I don't know about how it's seen here in Gymnasticbodies, but from what I've been taught in Kung Fu, the basics are always to be practiced or else you lose form in the simplest element that transfers to more advanced moves.
I'm more than sure that other more experienced forum members will chime in but from what i've practiced so far in other disciplines, the basics are never replaced.
from what I have identified to helped me in shoulder/wrist rehab
focus on mobility on the joints you will be working
wrists = dorsal pushups, wrist pushups, first knuckle pushups, fingertip pushups
shoulders = wall extensions, shoulder dislocates, scapular pushups
and then for FSP
Hollow Hold
Arch hold
Plank
Reverse Plank
Chin Up Dead Hang
PB Support
Inverted Hang
Handstand
and the proper body forms and scapular engagement for the positions. actively upward rotation of my handstands took it down from 60sec to 30sec. it's all sorts of gnarly now to hold a hollow position, focus on actively rotating the arms AND stacking correctly in the straightest overhead position.
Basics = Elite = Masters in the Basics.
For bridge it's quite simply no because they are totally different thing. In bridge your shoulders are over flexed while in reverse plank your shoulders are extended. Essentially only thing to replace reverse plank for same shoulder movement would be from manna family and that is never gonna make it to warm up.
With plank it's a possibility but it's not a step to take just because you can hold the pre-reqs, it comes only after PL leans are starting to be easy. Also for balance of shoulder joint, it's probably better to have that plank as there your arms are actually perpendicular to ground which doesn't happen with any later exercises.