After Prerequisite?

Started by Murray Truelove, January 14, 2013 · 1 Replies · 2,197 Views

Murray Truelove

Hi all.

About 3 months ago I started over, this time focusing on the prerequisites following the advice of senior members on here.

Turns out I was nowhere near the recommended 60s x 3. So I scaled back to 30s x 3 and added 5s a week until I reached 60s where I've been for the past 6 weeks. I now do the following for 60s x 3 followed by FBE:

M/W/F

FSP 60s x 3:
Plank
Reverse Plank
Hollow Hold
Arch Hold
L-Sit (tucked and I've always done 20s instead of 60s)
Handstand chest to wall (These are more often than not to failure as 60s can sometimes be difficult)
Dead Hand (Pronated as supinated hurts my elbow) 

FBE:
5x5 of one of the follow per day as supersets.
i) Pull ups/HeSPU
ii) PPPU/Inverted Rows
iii) Chin ups/HeSPU

I plan to follow this till the end of Jan (possibly the middle of Feb). My question is what next? This is what I had in mind:

M/W/F for 8/12 weeks

Warm up:
5 mins

Prerequisites: 
60s x 1
Plank
Reverse Plank
Hollow Hold
Arch Hold 

Handstands:
10 mins 


FSP SSC (50% max) x 3:
L-sit (Planche progression)
German Hang (BL progression)
Tucked FL (FL progression)

FBE:
5x5 of one of the follow per day as supersets.
i) Pull ups/HeSPU
ii) PPPU/Inverted Rows
iii) Chin ups/HeSPU

Thanks for any feedback.

Murray
 

Murray Truelove
ewethestuff said:
Wow, you've gotten through the prereqs nearly twice as fast as me, nice job :)

 

 

If you're feeling your elbows in supinated dead hang, I would start working that now, maybe with a foot support. Only going to get worse as statics get harder. After injuring my elbow last year I found three things helpful: extremely slow bicep curl negatives with full ROM (10-20s); this sequence; and some band wrapping mobility.

 

 

Why so much HeSPU? Do you feel like your handstand pushup and dip variations are already advanced enough to concentrate on HSPU? 

I've actually been doing a GST workout for over a year but poor programming and an inured elbow (nothing too serious but it made me realise something wasn't right) set me back so don't feel bad.

I do those elbow drills, I find them very useful. I'll add supinated deadhangs in, I've been meaning to for a while and now I can hold a 60 pronated deadhang it's probably a good time.

No special reason for a lot of HeSPU, I don't have a lot of equipment (only a pullup bar, pushup handels, resistance band and a few weight plates) so could only think of a handful of exercises to do for the FBE. I'll advance to the HSPU (adding a couple of inches or two when I can till I achieve the full ROM)

Thanks for the feedback.