How To Progess?

Started by _micha_, January 10, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,132 Views

_micha_

Hey,

actually I am in week 8 of my SSC. I designed my routine by Killroy 70's template.

So the last 7 weeks my trainingdays looked like this:

 

B=one deep breath

 

Day 1

FSP (goal: 15-20s) 7 sets

- Adv. Frogstand: 5B

- tuck Front Lever: 4B

- tuck Back Lever: 4B

- Hdstd Freestdg: 4B

 

FBE (goal:5sets of 5reps or more reps)

-- Front Lever Rows:3

- Close Fingertip Pushups:5

- Head Bridges:5

- Double Leg Calve Raises of Floor:80

 

Day 2

FSP (goal: 15-20s) 7 sets

- Adv. Frogstand: 5B

- tuck Front Lever: 4B

- tuck Back Lever: 4B

- Hdstd Freestdg: 4B

 

FBE (goal:5sets of 5reps or more reps)

- Pullups:5

- Dips:4

- Pistols: 5

 

Day 3 is the same routine like day 1.

Day 4 is the same routine like day 2.

 

I know that Killroy used 5 sets x 5 reps, but I know that Coach recommends 3 x 5 for most of the athletes. So should I change my sets into 3 instead of 5?

 

I know that doing 80 Calve Raises does not work if I want to build up max strenght. Are there any recommendations?

 

Also I want to how to progress in my handstand work. I can do a free standing handstand for around 10 seconds or more, but before I come into that position I use my heel for support on the wall. (My back is facing the wall). I know that there is an article about handstand work. I tried to do it this way (face facing wall) and I felt very uncomfortable with it.

 

If you have any tips on how I can improve my other FBEs and FSPs I will be very thankful.

Thank you.

 

Micha

 

 

 

 

 

Andreas

To the sets: When you're able to do more than 3x5, do 4x5. If not, work 3x5 until you're able to do 4x5. Do that until 5x5 gets to easy, than go to 3x5 of a more difficult exercise.

 

For the calve raises: Do them with only one leg instead of two and add weight with dumbells, a weight vest, whatever. I'm usually lifting one end of my couch while doing them when I'm working them at home. Be creative.

 

For the handstand, work your shoulder mobility, that will help. Also just practice them. You can build the necessary strength with long wall handstands, but the balance is just a matter of practice. You don't need to limit yourself here to the workouts. I remember doing handstands everywhere and all the time when I learned it as a kid, not only when I was in the gym. I just played with it and I still have the best handstand in my club.

_micha_

thank you Andreas for the answer. For all my FBEs I can do 5x5 except the Front Lever Rows. I started with 5x3 and know that I am able to do more than 3 reps in one set. I don't increased the number of reps, because I thought it is important to stick with the volume for 8 weeks.