Lost In Progression And Goals!

Started by Badi, January 5, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,136 Views

Badi

Hello guys and girls, happy new year!

 

So for 2013 I set myself a couple of goals i want to achieve but I have the feeling that im working out wrong in the moment. I like to keep my words short so here is my workout plan at the moment:

 

 

Warmup:

 

Hollow Hold 60 sec
Arch Hold 60 sec
Arch Plank 60 sec
Hollow Plank 60 sec
Side Plank 2x30 sec 

Handstand free/wall 3x20 sec/ 60sec

 

FSP: 

 

 

FL Tuck (almost flat back) 4x15 sec
BL Tuck (almost flat back) 4x15 sec
Lsit (pb) 6x10 sec
Tucked Planche ground 8x8 sec

 

 

So this is what i do every session. Depending on the day i have 3 different types of FBE´s. Here we go:

 

Day 1: Push & Pull

 

pull up 3x5
HePU 3x5 (13,5cm)

The 13,5cm means the height of the books where I put my total weight on to progress better through the whole ROM.

 

Day 2:  Curls & Dips

 

chin up 3x5
Dips rings 3x5

 

Day 3: Horizontal plane & push

 

Ring Pushups 3x5
Rows (elevated) 3x5

 

At the end of my Training ill try to stretch as often as I can. When I still feel soreness from the day before i dont stretch but only do light swings. I end up with 1-2 times (really good/hardwork PNF) stretching

Besides that im breakdancing.

 

Ok here are my Goals and Problems:

 

1. Goals

1.1 Further Front and Back Lever progression (I think im doing it right at the moment)

1.2 Straddle Planche 

1.3 Handstand Press 

1.4 Flare

1.5 Getting more flexible

1.6 Vsit

 

2. Problems

2.1 Im getting extremly tired and exhausted the day after my Training. I dont know if its a nutrition problem or I still need to get used to all this working out... well I played 18 years soccer with 4-5 times training a wekk so my body is used to be active...

2.2 Stretching is just a little *****. I feel like im stretching really well but it doesnt really go into my breakdancing. I.e. I have (for my level) good passive flexibility but a really bad active flexibility.

2.3 I dont really know how and where to incorporate my training for the listed goals. I feel like im way to stiff for Vsit Handstand Press and Flares... but I see people who are not as flexible as I am and they practice this stuff and might get em... with really bad form (and ugly)

2.4 Ok this is a big one. With all that training i have the feeling that i dont have any power at all. It feels like my body cant get to a really tensioned (?) state... Is this a core problem?

 

 

If you have any suggestions to change something feel free to do so please.

Nyikhaj

I think you are right: this is too much for you at the moment. You are doing two kind of trainings: GST and breakdance (which as far as I know is very demanding). In my opinion treating them irrespectively of each other is a mistake.

If I were you I would:

-focus a bit more on stretching and mobility

-focus more on HS 

-do one FSP/training (or do less static prereqs in the wu) and do PL-leans instead of planche progressions

-do 2 sets of each of your FBEs

 

Take the above with a grain of salt as it is only from my experience. I had nearly the same problem as yours. I play basketball 2 times a week (senior league :D) and there is a match in every weekend. It is too much with 3 days a week GST. Now I focus only on basic prereqs, HS and HS drills, and a lot of mobility-stretching drills (sometimes I do not forget my basic FBEs) 2-3 days a week. I feel almost fresh after strength training.
 

dmcmanam

Really tired the day after training hard? Try sleeping for at least 9 hours+ and eat well, I bet you will wake-up feeling good with improved nutrition and rest.  When you are sore you stretch less?  That is a problem, when you are tight, warm-up for a longer amount of time and stretch more but do more passive stretching after your warm-up not PNF which is too demanding if you are sore.  Generally the recipe I think works best is good nutrition+rest and harder on hard days and easier on easy days than what most people train.  By your post above it isn't clear to me that you are taking the easy days easy enough, ie avoid too many power moves breakdancing on a rest day. By remaining active on a rest day but not over-exerting yourself your body will recover for the next hard workout. Finally, a lot of people on the forum might disagree but I like to train static positions for between 30-60 seconds, 60 is often too much for me.  On a hard day it is important to reach a certain level of fatigue and I do that by doing at least 3 sets of each exercise that I find challenging which include a combination of static and dynamic.  Have fun.