This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Combining Conditioning And Gymnastic Skill Work

Started by adrienl, January 5, 2013 · 0 Replies · 27 Views

adrienl

Hi everyone.

 

After a lucky set of circumstances I have found a gymnastic facility to train at (quite possibly the best in Australia based on results). Hence I just want to ask a few questions about combining the work I will be doing there with my BTGB conditioning work.

 

Currently based on some talks with Coach Sommer at the most recent Australian seminar I have been training twice a day 3 times a week splitting my work evenly between the am and pm. This has been done on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

 

The facility that I will be working my skills at ( which based on these threadshttps://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9355-starting-tumbling-from-zero/ https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5458-different-swings-how-many-how-often-question-to-a-gymn/   https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/895-basic-bucket-circle-training-tips/?hl=mushroom and my physical condition

will be mainly rolls, carthweels, swings, some bucket work and locomotion work) runs classes Tuesday and Wednesday night.

 

I feel I have 2 options

 

1) Continue as I am and just inset the facility days

 

2) Drop back to Coaches 4 day option and reschedule appropriately

 

I am wondering which one people think would be most optimal.

 

I am also wondering how I should schedule the time I have available at the facility (provided they don't have a set schedule)

 

I am currently thinking that with 1 hour the following schedule might be appropriate

 

Warmup outside

 

0-10 forward rolls (plus occasional flips though I know coach says to have limbers and handsprings first so these might be out)

10-35 cartwheels (also handstand coaching would be here)

35-45 backward rolls (see above)

45-60 swings or circles plus locomotion work for time

 

Does this seem appropriate?

 

Thanks for any and all responses in advance.