Hi there, the names josh.
I have always admired gymnasts for there strength and flexibility, I have always wanted to try it but never really thought it was possible for me mainly due to my size 6, 4 @ 220ibs. I just assumed it was for the shorter guys you see on tv and so on.
I previously use to lift allot of weights the conventional dead lift, squat, bench and military press with chins and pull ups thrown in. It got to the stage where I wasn't enjoying it so I decided to look around and found out about calisthenics and all the bar stuff you see on you tube this lead me onto gymnastics at which point I seen someone point out a website called gymnastics bodies. I checked out the site and within a few weeks bought the book (parents did as it was my birthday).
I read through it a few times, looked on the forums and found the killroy template, at first it was ok but i struggled with all the moves in there most basic form. At this stage I presumed it was my weight, mostly my legs as they are naturally like tree trunks, how ever after looking around on the forum again I found the pre requisites and this changed my out look completely along with Slizzardmans youtube channel which was extremely helpful and inspiring since he is around my height.
With this I went onto design my first SSC - my initial times were not bad as I did do a month or two of the basic 3 moves below along with normal gym work though I have since scraped conventional gym work as it really does not interest me much anymore.
My first test on maxes were : GH 25s - Lsit tuck 40s - Hs wall stand 1m 10s
Below was my first SSC
pre req Handstand hold wall 20s x 7
HH 3 X 20S Germanhang 13s x 7 Germanhang and L-sit where done as
AH 3 X 40S L-sit 20s x 7 a superset
RP 3 X 30S
PL 3 X 40S
PbS 3 x 30s
DH 3 X 30S
Strength work, all exercises done to 5 x 5 or progressing to it.
Monday - ring pushup wide, diamond push up, wide push up, body lever
Tuesday - Inverted curl progresion, normal dip, (deadhang, chinup hold for 5s slow negative repeat)
Thursday - wide pullup, close pullup, Hs push up feet on box
Friday - SLS decline, NLC decline, body lever
My second SSC
maxes are : GH 1m - Lsit tuck 45s - Hs wall stand 1m 25s - L-sit adv tuck 15s - BL tuck 18s
Below was my second SSC
pre req Handstand hold wall 30s x 7
HH 3 X 25S Back lever tuck 9s x 7 BL and L-sit where done as
AH 3 X 45S L-sit adv tuck 8s x 7 a superset
RP 3 X 35S
PL 3 X 45S
PbS 3 x 35s
DH 3 X 35S
GH 1 x 30s
Lsit tuck 1 x 30s
Strength work, all exercises done to 5 x 5 or progressing to it.
Monday - ring pushup wide, diamond push up raised 20", wide push up raised 20"
Tuesday - Inverted curl progresion, normal dip, (deadhang, chinup hold for 5s slow negative repeat)
Thursday - wide pullup, close pullup, Hs push up feet on box for 2 sets and HS against wall for 3
Friday - SLS decline, V-up tuck, Skin the cat
This my progress so far only in the first week of my second SSC, any advice and changes are welcome as I still lack understanding and I am constantly learning.