Opinions On A Routine..

Started by apsche, December 23, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,529 Views

apsche

Ciao, so I've been doing gymnastics type of training for about an year now.. And I'm still pretty confused about the program build.. I've red the BtGB several times and constructed my programs merely through that.

 

Some statistics.. LSit I'd roughly say around 45secs, German hang ~35secs (Gets rough on my shoulders after) and for FL I was doing Adv tuck ones, then tried raising to a straddle and can hold it for about 12secs.. Some suggestions for progressing with those would be nice

 

 Planche being one of my weakest points, tucked for I'd say 8secs? And I honestly don't know where to go with that. HS goes for 30-45secs depending on my mood :D

 

So this is somewhat what I've been using, switching some of the moves on irregular basis..

 

Feel free to tell me what you think of it, what should I change. Cos I think I've been stuck for a good amount of time now, progressing little, if not at all.

 

 

Monday - 
 
Warmup and static
 
LSit
FL Variations
 
HSPU
Chinups XR
Windshield Wipers
Ring Flys
German Hang
 
4 - 5 rounds
 
Tuesday - 
 
Planche Variations
Support Hold
 
Bulgarian Dips
Pushups XR
Pullups Bar
Ab-Wheel 
Inverted Chinups
 
Wednesday - 
 
Static Stretching for about an hour.. and Uhmm, almost every day for 20mins
 
Thursday - 
 
Handstand Work
Manna
 
Adv Tuck FL Row
MSUP
Chinups LSit XR
FL Pulls
Russian Kettlebell Swings
 
Friday - 
 
Jumprope 
Kicking Variations
 
Pistols
One Legged Jumps
One Legged Squats w/ Kettlebells
Dips XR
LSit Walks
Reverse Yewkis

 

 

apsche

Any1?  :ph34r:

Caput Medusae

i am also just a beginner searching for some suggestions and i like your plan . how many reps and sets of  push ups, chin ups, etc. do you ?

KingJR

I don't see anything wrong with the exercises themselves, but what kind of volume are you doing and how do you evaluate progress?

Joshua Slocum

It looks pretty good to me in terms of building an overall strength foundation. You have a good mix of push/pull exercises in a variety of positions. However, you're not going to progress much in the FSP's if you're only working each ~once a week. The killroy template is popular on these forums, and includes handstand, FL, BL and PL work on every day. You may want to take a look at that. 

 

From the sound of it, you seem to be a little weak in the prerequisites (e.g. you have a 35s german hang, as opposed to the recommended 3x60s), so I would put most of my effort into mastering those first. 

apsche

Thanks for the answers.. :) I added FSP's for every days workout and so far it seems to be working out just fine.. 

 

Seems that I had completely missed the basic prerequisites when I began my workout :D Tested them out few days ago and the only one giving me issues was arch hold, but I managed to 3x60 it _rather_ easily  <_< Doing one of the requisites per workout day from now on..

 

And I had underestimated the german hang abit, it goes along the lines of 3x45-60secs..