Hello all, yes, I know, another beginner looking to be spoon fed. I have been looking around on these forums for a while now and have read the book. I just want to clear up some doubts before I start to get on with the program.
Maybe some introductions will serve well. I'm from Singapore and I am 23. Gymnastics is not a big or popular sport in my country, only a handful of people take up the sport and that is usually under the influence of their parents. Not many parents here are aware of this sport or even supportive of sports at all in my country. We are mostly academically driven. Hence it developed the sterotype of Asians being really smart (I'm just guessing).
When we get exposed to this sport, we are usually much older (15-18), that's where we lose out to people who started out when they were 6 or so. It slowly becomes an interest and we just pursue it as a form of recreation or fitness. That brings me to my point of being here!
I've always been intrigued with this sport and now that I have a chance to learn some rad skills, I'm all for it.
So back to the topic, I have read Killroy70's thread and it will be the first program that I will do.
I will start a workout with the 6 per-requisites: Plank, Reverse Plank, Arch Hold, Hollow Hold, Chin Hang and PB Support.
Then, according to Killroy70's program, move on to 4x FSP and FBE.
What I'm worried about is the timings to hold and the sets to use. I'm used to the bodybuilding sets and reps so I got confused when I started reading about "holding for 8 secs" etc.
And also as a beginner, I'm sure that most of us don't have the flexibility of someone who's more experience or have done sports that require ultimate flexibility. Should I include a regime to increase my flexibility.
I want to thank everyone in advance for your comments and advice, most importantly the time you took to read my long post
THANKS!