Gymnastic Supplemental Kung Fu Training

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, December 22, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,394 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

hey guys, I'm in need of your expertise moving around workouts because I see people here programming in a certain fashion that I still need to brush up the mechanics in. I'm currently only doing  my regular kung fu training and i'm deriving all my fundamental strength training from ring work and static position work, so I need help shuffling around the moves, to help with recovery, since im new to this. I was practicing the warm up detailed below and was feeling a little run down in my joints. so i backed off and continued with the warm up and followed by some kung fu work. 

 

my current cycle is looking like this, movements are trained on Monday,Wednesday,Friday.

 

Warm up

Joint Circles (15 times each direction)

run up and down my street (2 laps accumilating in around 350-300M)

 

Ido Portal Shoulder warm up

-scapula pushups 1x10

-overhead straight arm pull downs 1x10

-whippet 1x10

-Wall extensions 1x10

 

Wrist Warm up

Fingertip pushups 2x10 (on wall)

Wrist pushups 2x10 (on wall)

 

Spinal Twist 3x20secs (each side)

L-sit(on floor) 6x10secs

Bridges(dynamic) 3x5 reps

 

Hold each for 3 sets of 30 seconds

HandStand

German Hang(scaled to 20sec)

Chin up Dead Hang

XR Support

Hollow Hold

Inverted Hang(scaled to 20sec)

Superman Arch Hold

Reverse Plank

Plank

 

Wrestler bridges 1x5

Front Bridges 1x5

 

 

Straddle compressions 4x15sec

Bridge Compression 4x15 sec

Spinal Twist 4x15 sec

Wall extension 1x10

 

 

 

my question is, when can I incorporate FBE's to this SSC? when what standard has been met? what time should my joints be given to adapt to this SSC? 

 

My Goal FBE's are as follows:

 

Pullups 3x5

Dips 3x5

Inverted Rows 3x5

Hanging Leg Raises 3x5

HandStand pushups 3x3-5

RTO Pushups 3x5

Full Squats(though im perfectly capable of doing Pistol Squats) 3x5

 

then work on my forms in slow motion with no tension and then slow motion with mid tension.

 

you're advice is appreciated!

 

 

-Keilani

 

 

 

 

 

Jon Douglas

How long does that sequence take you to work through?

Keilani Gutierrez

which one? the wrist/shoulder/ lsit/bridge/spinal twist and pre reqs with the wrestling bridges and cool down? or that with the FBE's included?

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:
How long does that sequence take you to work through?

Timed myself today, completed the joint circles, sans the running today( wasnt feeling it), the scapular mobilization routine, did one set of 10 fingertip,wrist(on a wall) and dorsal pushups,(12 min) worked on my L-sit/Bridge(8 minutes with some change) , I ran through the 3 sets of 30 on all positions(sans German Hang).

 

completed this within 40.

 

then worked through my forms. 

Bipocni

In terms of your goals, you're pretty much good to go.

 

The prerequisites are mostly to prepare your body for training the fundamental static positions.  Once you get your L sit up to 60 seconds, you seem good enough to start on skin the cats, back lever, front lever...