Begginer Asking For Advice

Started by Omar Elbasha, December 18, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,989 Views

Omar Elbasha

Hello guys, I 've read the parts containing FSP exercises and read the workout routine i should use in the book. There's something i didnt understand. Do I train to master a move then move to the next one or do I do progressions of all the holds at the same time?? I.E should i keep doing variations of L-sits only till i'm able to do L-sits then move to the next exercise or do progressions of different exercises at the same time??

Omar Elbasha

BUMP

Patrick Smith

Hi Omar. If you're mastered the pre-requisites, you should go ahead and begin work on the four primary FSP's: L-sit, front lever, back lever, and planche. You don't have to complete master one to move on to the other strictly speaking; however the L-Sit is such a fundamental position that I think it is very advisable to master the basics of it before moving on to front lever and planche. I think the recommended time for good L-sit strength was 1x60 sec. Check the book for that, though. I could be wrong.

Omar Elbasha

I'm doing variations of L-sits, front lever and planche variations. I'm doing this @ my home so I dont have any XR rings available and i'm afraid to do the back lever on the bar thinking i might dislocate my shoulder or something because i'm not flexibile enough to do so. Am i correct or is it safe to do??