I've recently been asked to help a bigger guy train. Now everyone else that I've had come train with me have all been fairly slim and looking to put on muscle/gain strength, so I've just chucked them into the WODs as I do them (obviously scaled to their ability) but I'm not really sure what to do with this guy.
A little more background this guy is about 300lbs fairly fit but still carrying a fair amount of fat, plays a lot of rugby and has wrestled at quite a high level (won a gold medal in some European championship). He really wants to get back into his wrestling so what would he benefit the most from? Obviously the warmup, general mobility work would be good and I'm thinking that some straight arm work would be beneficial for his joint strength.
Next Tuesday (they day he is first going to come) I'm going to be a very handstand heavy WOD, should he just try his best with this like everyone else or should I build him up more slowly into it (I'm a little concerned about him being inverted for an extended period then falling on his head. What should I substitute him instead of headstand presses?
Cheers for any advice