Need Tipps For Chilled Holiday-Workoutroutine

Started by Felix Schreiter, December 13, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,753 Views

Felix Schreiter

Hello Everybody,

 

I am following the gymnasticbodies forum for probably 3 years now and worked out with bodyweight routines for 2 years. since 3 months though I am following the starting strenght program by mark rippetoe 

and my current stats are the following:

Squat: 105kgx5x3

Bench Press: 85kgx5x3

Military Press: 47.5kgx5x3

Deadlift: 95kgx5x3

Chin ups/ Pull ups (changing grip from medium to narrow to wide): 8/7/7  with bodyweight

 

I am 1.85m tall and weight about 88kg, just to give you an idea of my current strength level. I was able to to hold wall handstands/ front lever tucks/ tuck planches/ German Hangs/  for 20-60 sec at the end of summer so I have some experience with the general gymnasticbodies training and the amount of straight arm strenght it involves.

 

I have christmas holidays for 2 weeks very soon and will not be able to hit the gym during that time. that is why I plan to do some gymnasticbodies work during the 2 weeks. I want to have a very simple routine focusing mainly on Handstand work and some chin ups that I could do almost every day to keep me fit but that is not too intense, as I want to use the 2 weeks for lots of joint mobility and recovery. 

 

I think I am proficient enough at Wall Handstand holds and chin ups to use them as "skillwork" but I would love to get some feedback on how you would structure some frequent holiday-recover work that involves these two basic exercises.

 

I thought about timing my handstand work for example to 15 minutes and just do lots of holds, wall runs and some chin up work about 4 days a week. I know thats very basic but my focus is just to have some work that is not too taxing. I would appreciate any ideas/tipps/experiences from you guys. If you need any more information about my training/nutrition or whatever it is please ask. I tried to keep the post as short as possible.

 

Greetings from Germany :)

Horst

Nyikhaj

Here is an outline of my next 2 week cycle. I will train each day, at least three times a day.

 

On each training I will have:

 

3-4 sets of double-meals

statics (on the sofa or on the bed)

I won't forget my pre- mid- and postworkout drinks.

 

My goals are:

5 kg more bodyfat

new personal chillin record

 

Sorry for the above, Horst, I know I am not the funniest guy. But if I were you I wouldn't do more than light handstand/skill work, and some mobility/stretching.

 

Happy holidays for all of you on this forum!

 

Greetings from Hungary:

Mihály