Some Fun With My New Camera

Started by Joshua Slocum, December 13, 2012 · 19 Replies · 3,822 Views

Joshua Slocum

I recently acquired a GoPro Hero3 Black edition, which among other things, is capable of recording at 720p/120fps. Which means high-def slow-motion (5x slowdown) on youtube!

 

This is me attempting a double-arabian on trampoline:

http://youtu.be/H0bf9Kp4zIg

 

My control of the set and my air-sense for landing double-fronts aren't as good as I'd like, so I'm having trouble sticking these consistently. Of the two videos I took today, one underrotated and the other overrotated (after a streak of 3-4 sticks :facepalm: ).

 

 

This is a POV of me doing a back-full to my back:

http://youtu.be/gZcC_FeRXhk

 

I want to do a POV for a tripple-full, but unfortunately the head-mount for the camera isn't meant to be used with rapid movements; it almost fell off when I did the single-full. I want to add a chin-strap and see if that makes the camera more secure on my head. 

Cory Fair

Hero 3 is a very awesome camera. I was recommended to it because it also films well underwater. :D

 

Can't wait to see some more footage from you!

Coach Sommer

Love it.  

 

Although your POV twisting to the right instead of the left as I do feels so wrong watching it!

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Finnbar
Coach Sommer said:
Although your POV twisting to the right instead of the left as I do feels so wrong watching it!

I couldn't stop thinking this either!

Joshua Slocum
Coach Sommer said:
Love it.  

 

Although your POV twisting to the right instead of the left as I do feels so wrong watching it!

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

 

Finnbar said:
I couldn't stop thinking this either!

Don't hold your breaths waiting for me to take a video where I twist the other way  :P

You could always hold up a mirror and watch through that!

Yaad Mohammad

Hey, I'm getting this camera too. Does the headband include?

FredInChina

Very sleek camera.

Please note that it sells for 399 Dollars in the US, and 449 Euros in Europe!!! 

 

That is a 145 Euros difference (190 dollars!!! 50% more expensive!) - not including freight.

In this day and age of instant communications, this is unacceptable!

Joshua Slocum
Yaad Mohammad said:
Hey, I'm getting this camera too. Does the headband include?

No you have to get it separately. Also note that the headband doesn't come with a chinstrap, so you need to make your own if you want to take videos involving vigorous motion. 

Yaad Mohammad
jfslocum said:
No you have to get it separately. Also note that the headband doesn't come with a chinstrap, so you need to make your own if you want to take videos involving vigorous motion. 

Do you know a good website where I can buy the camera? In Holland it costs 450 euros! In the advertisements it says it's 400 dollars...

Joshua Slocum

I'm in the US so I just bought it from GoPro directly.

 

You could try buying it from a US retailer and paying for international shipping. 

Yaad Mohammad
jfslocum said:
I'm in the US so I just bought it from GoPro directly.

 

You could try buying it from a US retailer and paying for international shipping. 

Do you know any trusted good US retailer that sell the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition?

Gstring1

I just bought this a Go pro hero 3 and i do have to say its a great camera although the indoor quality is rather poor then again it is a action camera it was made for outdoor extreme sports so i cant really complain it gets the job done for my hand balancing sessions which because its winter at the moment they all have to be inside  

FredInChina

Great, where is the video?  B)

Gstring1 said:
(...) it gets the job done for my hand balancing sessions (...)
FredInChina

Very nice, thank you!

How far was the camera from your body when filming?

Gstring1
FredInChina said:
Very nice, thank you!

How far was the camera from your body when filming?

 

about 3 or 4 feet on the wall handstands about 6

FredInChina

Noted, thank you! :)