2/10/2009
Tuesday. The Last wo cirques were difficult. I couldn't make it the whole way up.
RLLs on stall bars are feeling better, might add weight.
HeSPUs were too easy, so I need to extend the ROM.
Straddle Ls are finally parallel to the ground.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by matthew.percussion, December 4, 2008 · 37 Replies · 2,713 Views
2/10/2009
Tuesday. The Last wo cirques were difficult. I couldn't make it the whole way up.
RLLs on stall bars are feeling better, might add weight.
HeSPUs were too easy, so I need to extend the ROM.
Straddle Ls are finally parallel to the ground.
02.12.09
Hard workout today. I was to tired for swinging dips so I just did bulgarian dips on pbars.
I'm considering moving one of my levers to a different day and switching it out with something...
02.13.2009
Didn't do my planned workout today. I forgot my EST at the gym, also foot is messed up so no running. =[
Instead I did
5 Giant sets of
20Push-ups and 10 Chin-Ups
I won't get to go to the gym tomorrow(unless I wake up early, but no burpee back tucks since I won't be in the gym...), but I will be doing handstands. =]
Tomorrow is National Handstand Day as well as Valentines day for those of you who don't know.
You can join the facebook group for National Handstand Day here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6 ... 951&ref=nf
Just do a handstand around 2PM yourtime and have someone take a picture. =]
02.17.2009
I didn't get to workout on friday or saturday due to the valentines day weekend stuff.
Workout on monday went great, forward roll muscle-ups are easier than they appear. Working on cross with a spot. Without a spot I can lower with control to about [degrees]45[/degrees].
Got my full twist and giants on the HBar yesterday. Also injured my foot so no practice today, which means no workout. =[
Should be back on thursday though.
02.26.2009
Workouts have been good. No update really.
Hey - not trying to be cynical, just trying to help - I watched one of your vids above with a ground level view of your tumbling. Try not to cross over going into your round off (during the hurdle basically). If this doesn't make sense, the hurdle should finish in a lunge position. Currently, the lunge you 'finish' in has you landing quite turned the wrong direction (no square). Try to keep all the momentum moving forward in your hurdle - i.e. make sure that your feet are going straight forward as well. If you got any questions feel free to ask.
I know there are some other coaches (aside from coach Sommers) on here - coach Sommers included: anyone else have some feedback to this one?
I know this isn't the digital training forum, but I couldn't help it. :wink:
Thanks! Any advice is appreciated.
It's funny you mentioned this. We just got a new coach in the gym, my coach happened to be gone today so I was working by myself. The new coach noticed the same thing you just told me. Also that I jump up in my hurdle.
Thanks again. =]
-XQCEXhGMp0
Back full into the pit was the result of my first week back.
I HAD my iron cross and my press to handstand the week before my injury.
At the moment I am still recovering and am not feeling too strong. I also was very sick. The medicine I was taking took all of my apetite away. I was eating less than 700 calories a day for two weeks...
Anyway, soon I will be training at full intensity again. Hopefully get my full on the floor and get my cross/press back before my camp in late July.
o_O @ 700 calories... ouch!!!
Yea! I only lost a couple of pounds though. I was basically in bed the whole time...
Hey, Matthew
I'm trying to learn the back full on floor, also. I now how it feels when you get lost in the air! lol
When you relearn the press handstand and ironcross I want to see the videos.
I plan on video taping them the first chance possible! =D
Sweet! Best of luck with your recovery!