This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Matthew's Workout Log

Started by matthew.percussion, December 4, 2008 · 37 Replies · 2,713 Views

matthew.percussion

Name: Matthew

Age: 17

Height: 6'

Weight: 165lbs

I'm back. Slowly recovering from a back injury and shingles.

Will have a new workout posted soon.

_______________________________________________________________________

Goals to meet by Summertime:

Level 8 All-Around

Straddle Planche for 10s

V-Sit on Rings - 10s

Straddle L (Legs parallel to ground) 25s

Press to HS from Straddle L

Full front lever 5s

Full Back Lever 10s

45s Freestanding HS

matthew.percussion

I went to the gym today. The boys coach isn't there on Saturday which means I'm basically on my own. I'm still trying to get my false scissor(nasty little bugger) and my Baby Giant(this one makes me angry).

Sadly I didn't do my Static Work today. Shame on me!

However, I did work with the tumble team coach and finally fixed my back handspring. I had been bending my elbows, a lot. The coach quickly saw that it was because I turn my hands in(like in a straight arm back extension roll). My BHS is no longer a scary sight to watch, I'm also a lot more comfortable in it.

Inlocates on rings suck though.

kbryk

matthew.percussion I use to have the same problem with my back handsprings simply because I was always tired from conditioning and working other events once I hit floor exercise I would be tried out, also another problem I had not sure if this relates to you is I would always 'spring' up instead of outward, sometimes I would almost do a back tuck rather than a handspring.

matthew.percussion

@kbryk

It's funny that you should mention that, the first time I tried a back handspring I went straight up and accidentally did a back layout, maybe it was a whip, not really sure the difference. It was pretty cool, I've never been able to do it since. :?

matthew.percussion

Monday - December 15

Elevated Rows 3x7

Chin-Ups 1x5

Pull-ups 2x5

Psuedo Planche Push-up 5x5

Straddle L - 60s

L-Sit - 60s

Reverse Leg Lift - 3x3

Hanging Leg Lift 3x3

Jumping Squats 5x10

matthew.percussion

Tuesday - December 16

SNOW! Lots and lots of snow. Too much snow for me to go to the gym for practice. So, I had to workout alone! How sad.

I was pretty unmotivated to workout, so I decided to catch some video of it.

I didn't go with my plan:

L-Sit - 60s

Straddle L - 60s

Manna - 60s

Planche - 60s

And lots of stretching. Sad part is that once I put my camera away I did my splits again and my right splits were to the floor.

Hopefully I'll get in my levers and more planche work today!

Also, in weightlifting we are maxing on bench and squats today. One of my last weightlifting classes. Finally done! :D

matthew.percussion

Wednesday December 17

5 warm-up front squats

3x1 Front squat 225lbs

Also tested my max weighted pull up. It is an added 45lbs, my max dip (as of today) is 50lbs.

Tuck Planche - 60s

Also got a video of come of my training last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UpIk6qf04

matthew.percussion

Thursday - December 18

Tuck Planche - 7s X 8 reps

Found out that planches are much harder on the floor than on parallets(for me at least).

L-Sit - 8s X 8 reps

Straddle L 7s X 8 reps

I have decided to test myself on a different static hold each week. The test is more like a progress report, I will record all of my sets for a different static position one day each week. Today I decided to test myself on planches. L-Sits are next week and straddle Ls follow that.

This will help me get critique on my form and also keep me motivated.

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkYQctKIdk (it's still being processed by YT but should be available for viewing soon)

matthew.percussion

Friday - December 18

Last day of weightlifting class.

Benched 155 for 2 reps!

L-Sit 5x6

Straddle L 5x6

matthew.percussion

Saturday - December 19

3 Cirques

4x3 Dips

3x3 HSPU

3x3 Pull-Ups

3x3 HLL

3x3 RLL(press)

Planche - 10x6

Straddle L - 10x6

matthew.percussion

Monday - December 22

5 Giant Sets of

6s adv. tuck back lever, 5 inverted chins, 6s adv. tuck back lever

5 Giant Sets of

6s Tuck Planche, 3 bulgarian dips(each side), 6s tuck planche

3x3 Reverse Leg Lifts

3x3 Hanging Leg Lifts

matthew.percussion

Tuesday - December 23

My Coach decided we ought to play a game instead of workout seeing as Christmas is coming up. :D

But, I decided to do a little bit of strength work before I play.

Cirques 2x1 (15.3 and 16.1 seconds to top)

HLL 3x3

RLL (stall bars) 1x3

PPP 3x5

Oh, I also got my Muscle-Up today. Earlier when I have said this it was with a kip or an assist. Now, its solid. I did 15x2 M-Ups today during practice.

matthew.percussion

Wednesday - December 24, 2008

5sets of

10second L-Sit

7 Second Straddle L

7 Second Planche

matthew.percussion

Thursday - December 25, 2008

7x10s L-Sit

8x8s Straddle L

8x8s Tuck Planche

matthew.percussion

Friday - December 26, 2008

5x1 Muscle-Ups

10x6s or Front and Back Lever

4x3 HLLs

Muscle-Up Video

matthew.percussion

Saturday - December 27, 2008

Muscle-ups 3x1 (trying for 2 each set)

L-Sit Pull-ups 3x4 (first two weren't l-sit)

Bulgarian Dips 3x4

Sprint half mile

Icy Rain(Saturday's training vid)

matthew.percussion

Monday - 12.29.2008

Today's WOD

Pull to adv. tuck BL for 4 seconds (2) + Tuck front lever rows (4)

Press up to tuck planche for 6 seconds (2) + XR PPP (3)

Lower to Tuck FL 4 seconds (2) + HLL(3)

10 Wall Walks

Straddle and pike active flexibility work

An hour of Handstand work

10x3 Hopping Straddle Press HS

matthew.percussion

Didn't post for a couple of days. Mainly did statics.

Friday - 01.02.2009

Ran 5k in 20 mins

Straddle L for 60s - 8x8s

Straddle L Test One

matthew.percussion

I'm getting lazy and not posting. Still working out but not as much due to DOMS.

Anyway, here's some footage from this weekend.

397DSRXviNM

roman

How many times/week do you train?

matthew.percussion

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and light workout on Saturday after skills training.

matthew.percussion

4iv88GSKYw8

aRHjQcV1beI

matthew.percussion

This is just about all I did yesterday. Don't have my rings right now so I'm just doing a bunch of parallette work.

3PDWa9Wo6pA

It's an L-Sit progression tutorial, but it also doubled as a tricep workout.

matthew.percussion

New steady state routine is up. In the first post.

matthew.percussion

02.09.2009

Monday was a test for my new ring strength routine. Just figuring out what I could do. Felt pretty good. Haven't done the Windsheild wipers in a while, they proved difficult in the last few sets.