What are your general training / sleep / energy schedules like?
For ex: age, training hrs/week, sleep/night, workout time during the day, general fatigue / energy oscillations?
I'm 35. Train about 6-6.5 hrs per week. And sleep 6-6.5 hours per night on average. My workouts are at the end of the day between 5-7 pm and finish between 7-9 pm (2 hour workout). I'm progressing slowly, but happy with the progress I am making.
I don't train in the morning because I spend a lot more time warming up, and have much more difficulty in delivering the strength and power I need (or that I deliver later during the day).
Currently I get burnt out every 8-10 or so weeks and have to take a week off/or light in order to recuperate as my training quality goes down.
On good nights I can sleep 8 hours. But I almost always wake up tired. Some weeks If I have an off weekday, I'll end up sleeping 10-12 hours straight as if I'm making up for lost time. Usually after resting a week, batteries feel replenished and the first 4-6 weeks after staring up a new cycle, I feel stronger every week, fatigue lessens. But the last weeks, I feel the batteries are drained, weaker and weaker while training, and need more and more sleep.
This upward and downward cycle has been there for the last five years that I've been training. The one thing that's changed is that over the last five years I've been having lesser late night outs with lots of drinking. I feel that this has helped lessen general fatigue.
What are your weeks/moths like? Are they more steady? Similar? And of course, please let us know if you are a fintess professional/athelre or just training for well being. Part time trainers and full time gym users would not be a very fair comparison. ![]()