A Newbie Question Concerning A Training Routine.

Started by Joonas Hämäläinen, December 3, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,738 Views

Joonas Hämäläinen

Hiya. I've recently started training gymnastics and I quite soon realized I might need help constructing a routine. What I've been doing goes as follows:

Warmup:

Front, left and right side plank - 60 seconds each

60 second superman hold

Some pushups and squats, depending on how strong I'm feeling.

Workout:

10 x 6 second tuck planche holds

10 x 6 second advanced tuck front lever holds

4 x 15 second half lay back lever hold(I can do a full back lever with a pullup bar, but I'm using my own jury-rigged rings, so that places a certain handicap here.)

4 x max negative tigerbends, 5 sec eccentric.

4 x 15 sec L-seat hold

4 x max hs pushups

Afterwards I usually practice my handstands kicking away from a wall.

As for my goals:

Long term:

10-second planche

30-second front lever

30-second V-seat

30 second back lever

10 perfect handstand pushups

30 second free handstand.

I'm getting proper rings in a week or two, so prety much anything goes.

Oh, and I'm doing this routine Mon/Wed/Fri. I'll switch the tigerbends for ring dips as soon as I receive the rings I've ordered, my current contraption is just a loop of nylon rope. On Tue/Thurs I usually go jogging or to sprint training with Pistols. However, since winter is coming, I'll probably be jogging more than sprinting.