I have pain at the top my right hamstrings at the point where the hamstrings attach to the pelvis (I think it's the tendon).
It only occurs when I do a pike stretch with slightly bent legs, not when I do it with straight legs. It doesn't even have to be a pike stretch where I put my handpalms on the floor. Simply bending the legs slightly and bending forward makes the pain come.
The pain doesn't occur when I do NLC and it doesn't occur when I just sit or walk. It's stretching that causes it. I feel it when doing HLL but also when squatting deep (without weight, just air squats) while trying to keep the natural arch in my lower back.
When the muscle/tendon has been irritated, it causes my right hamstrings to tighten a bit which, the next day, results in pain in my lower back.
Massaging the hamstrings with a tennisball fixes the problem, but the day after it usually comes back.
I stopped stretching the hamstrings since about 2 months and it has improved, but it doesn't seem to go away. I think the pain started about 2 months before that, but I thought my hamstrings were just tight so I ignored it. I still do some other stretching (like low lunges) which sometimes slightly irritates the painful part (which I believe to be the tendon that attaches the hamstrings to the pelvis).
I've been thinking about skipping every exercise that causes even the slightest irritation.
Would that be a good idea? Does anyone have tips on how to speed up the healing? Are there perhaps exercises I can do? Should I keep on massaging it with the tennisball?
Thanks for any advice,
Mark