Hello there!
After doing some workouts on rings with a gymnast/rock climber for the past few weeks, I decided that I'd get a pair of my own. Those are great, but there's a lot of static stuff I need to build up apparently (having looked at a few things here on the forums).
Now, I have a cyst on my wrist which hasn't bothered me in a long time, but it's beginning to again. I cannot do flat, open-palm pushups at all as the pain is pretty unbearable. This has happened before in the past, and I switched to closed-fists. I see there is a great deal of talk on the forums regarding static holds and handstands that generally call for using your palms, but is it perfectly fine to use fists?
My question is: Could I substitute open-palm positions with closed fists for any and all positions that do not involve the rings?
Cheers,
-John