Programming Vertical + Horizontal Movements

Started by Bipocni, November 28, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,029 Views

Bipocni

so at the moment i'm pretty much just focused on horizontal push, working the one arm pushup. Out of curiosity today I wanted to see if i could do headstand pushups against a wall, and to my suprise I can! I'm also getting a chin up bar fairly soon, but I was wondering how to program all these different elements into my workout?

I'm considering either a push day and a pull day, or an against gravity style viertical push/pull day and a horizontal push/pull day. The only horizontal move I would really be considering is front lever progressions, and i'm not really sure about working those on the same day as planche progressions...

so it comes down to either:

A) planche progression, handstand pushups variation and one arm pushups one day, pullups and front lever the other

B) planche progresssion, one arm pushups and front lever one day, handstand pushups and pullups the other

Joey Frad

putting front lever holds and planche holds together is exactly what i do during my straight arm day.