Hi everyone,
I am Ebenezer from India. I am a newbie both to gymnastic training and to the forum. I lift weights regularly though. Now to the question ( a little history here. please bear with me.) In 2006 I had a pretty nasty car accident that resulted in my right arm bone( right humerous ) being broken at 6 places and have 4 titanium plates permanently fitted to aid the bones and a lot of body scars due to flesh wounds. But my doctor knowing that I was a community level boxer suggested that I keep up with the physical fitness in a gradually increasing level. Now to the present. I can dead-lift 200 kg, bench a 100 kg and squat a 140 kg at a body-weight of 84 kg at 5' 10". My body-fat is around 14.5%. With my boxing ambitions down the pipe, I wanted to take up some sport to keep me busy during weekends. Being fascinated with mountain climbing, I took up gymnastic training to improve my body-weight strength. But to my dismay I am utterly faltering in body-weight exercises. I have ordered the book,DVD and rings and expect to arrive anytime now.
I can do 10 pullups/chinups, 10 parallette pushups and hold 15 sec on the L-sit. I tried my hand at the planche and I had excruciating pain in my broken arm though after I got up I never had a glimpse of it. The same applies to the one arm pushup. I am not sure how I should progress further. Any help to structure a program around the book and DVD is welcome. Also I am expecting to put some muscle on my right arm as it looks thin compared to the left arm and looks very disproportionate any advice on the same is also welcome. Please help out as i consider to be a great forum to get good ideas.
Thanks in advance.
Ebenezer