Muscle Soreness

Started by Phil Taylor, November 21, 2012 · 2 Replies · 14,756 Views

Phil Taylor

Hey Guys :)

I had to stop working out 3 months ago, because some strange forearm pain :(

My forearms were to weak and I don´t listen carefully to my own body ...

I want to give training a new try :)

Now i start with a new routine inspired by the killroy program .

I train planche, front / back lever and handstand static holds 4 days a week.

But after 2 days of training I got some really bad muscle soreness, even if i don´t train to failure and i felt really strong and good after my training .

Should i still train or should i take a break till the pain is gone ?

Im a bit afraid...

Thanks :)

(English is not my native language, but i hope you get what i mean )

Flameous

"really bad muscle soreness" doesn't really say too much but it seems likely it just bad DOMS. If you haven't trained in 3 months and then went to full intensity workout, it's no wonder your muscles and nerves in them are shocked.

Essentially it's not damaging to workout with DOMS, just a whole lot of pain. Anyways I doubt it's a good idea to start with full 4x a week training immediately. Try 2 or 3 times a week for a start.

Phil Taylor

Hey

Thanks for your answer :)

The pain appears one day after i train and i could feel it nearly 2 more days.

I will take one step back and train just 3 times a week for a month i think . I will see how my body reacts.

But anyway thanks for your advice :)